Metro Vancouver's transit system (TransLink) offers:
- Buses (including express and night buses)
- SkyTrain (an elevated rapid transit train)
- SeaBus (passenger-only ferries between downtown Vancouver and the North Shore)
- Community shuttles
- West Coast Express (a commuter train between downtown Vancouver and Mission)
- HandyDART (a shared-ride service for people with disabilities)
Translink offers public transportation for Metro Vancouver, which includes an extensive bus system throughout the region, SkyTrain rapid transit, SeaBus passenger ferries, West Coast Express commuter rail, and HandyDART for passengers who are unable to use conventional transit.
On Translink's website you can check public transportation maps and schedules, plan your trips, and get transit alerts.
- Fast and Frequent Transit Network
- Complete Metro Vancouver Transit System Map
- Interactive SkyTrain map
The closest SkyTrain stations to our campuses are:
- Vancouver: Waterfront Station
- Burnaby: Production Way-University and Burquitlam Stations
- Surrey: Surrey Central Station
The Burnaby campus is served by the following bus lines:
- 143 SFU-Burquitlam Station
- 144 SFU-Metrotown Station
- 145 SFU-Production Way Station
- R5 SFU-Hastings (to Burrard Station)
- N35 SFU-Downtown (night bus)
Visit the TransLink website for schedules, trip planning, route maps and further information.
Phone number: 604.953.3333
Getting around SFU campuses
- This cool interactive map will help you locate our campuses and find buildings and rooms.
- Download SFU Snap for iOS and Android to get wayfinding on your smartphone
- Download the printable Burnaby campus map (colour)
Google maps is also a great resource for getting around by car, public transit, walking, cycling, and even by Uber or Lyft.
Are you looking for transportation options when you arrive at the Vancouver Airport (YVR)? Visit our Leaving the Airport page for an overview of your transportation options.