The information on this page has been reviewed by International Student Advisors on August 4th, 2023.

Travel to Canada

Can my family members travel with me to Canada?

Yes, however, they need to ensure that they have the proper travel documents to travel to Canada as well as status documents that would authorize them to enter Canada and study or work, if they choose to do so.

If your spouse or common-law partner and/or any dependent children would like to accompany you to Canada, they are advised to apply for a work permit, study permit, or visitor visa at the same time that you apply for your study permit.

For more information about their application, please review our Bring Your Family webpage

To learn more about Canada’s COVID-19 travel measures, refer to our FAQ: What are the current travel restrictions during COVID-19?