- Learn More
- Arts & Social Sciences
- Beedie School of Business
- Biomedical Physiology & Kinesiology
- Computing Science
- Contemporary Arts
- Engineering Science
- Health Sciences
- Interactive Arts & Technology
- Mechatronic Systems Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Engineering
- Software Systems
- Co-op Abroad
- Contact Us
- SIGN IN TO MYEXPERIENCE ↗
- HIRE OUR STUDENTS ↗
- CO-OP STAFF RESOURCES
Announcement: Please note that our seeking process is new and improved for students seeking for a 2024 Co-op work term and beyond. If you are still looking to land a Fall 2023 Co-op work term, please refer to our previous process here: Seeking for a 2023 Job
Upon joining the SIAT Co-op Program, you can log in myExperience (Experiential Learning > Events Calendar) to register for the mandatory info session, workshops.
Once you are officially admitted into SIAT Co-op, you will automatically be added to the SIAT Co-op: Preparation Canvas Course which contains program orientation information and our preparatory curriculum. This is a self-paced course and normally takes students 2-4 months to complete. During the course, you will:
- Upload specific Co-op intake documents
- Complete the readings; watch the videos; engage in the exercises and activities; and do some reflection
- Attend Orientation and Workshops (see Orientation and Workshop Sessions* below for dates)
- Upload and Revise your Resume, Cover Letter, and Portfolio
- Complete a Seeking Evaluation
- And once approved, automatically be migrated into the next course in the sequence: SIAT Co-op: Seeking Canvas course.
SIAT Co-op Orientation and Workshop Sessions
SIAT Co-op Orientation
Register and attend a SIAT Orientation Session.
SIAT Co-op Workshops
Register and attend each SIAT Workshop: Portfolio (optional); Resume; Cover Letter and Interview. For your convenience, workshops are scheduled back-to-back and are grouped as: Resume & Portfolio; and Cover Letter & Interview. See myExperience Events Calendar for the most up-to-date information. Although the Portfolio workshop is optional, it is highly recommended that you attend as all SIAT co-op students must have an online portfolio.
*All Resume workshops are followed by a Portfolio workshop
*All Portfolio workshops are preceded by a Resume workshop
*All Cover Letter workshops are followed by an Interview workshop
*All Interview workshops are preceded by a Cover Letter workshop
Once you've completed the SIAT Co-op: Preparation Canvas Course, you will automatically be added to the SIAT Co-op: Seeking Canvas course. This a self-paced course with continous admission, and you will remain in it until graduation. In order to maintain (or re-gain) your release in a given term, upload the term-specific seeking documents by the suggested deadlines below:
To land a co-op job in the:
- Spring term, aim to update your term-specific documents by the end of August in the previous year.
- Summer term, aim to update your term-specific documents by the end of December in the previous year.
- Fall term, aim to update your term-specific documents by the end of April in the same year.
Working Students: Working Canvas Course
Once you secure a job placement, you must enroll in the co-op practicum through goSFU and complete the SIAT Co-op: Working Canvas course for each term you are working. Enrollment to the co-op practicum course will automatically give you access to the online course. The Working Canvas course contains information, resources, and assignments for your work term.