Resources for Current Graduate Students
More information is available here
For Master’s and Doctoral students, the supervisory committee shall report on the student’s progress at least once each year. This report will be sent, in writing, to the graduate program committee with a copy to the student. The evaluation of student progress in course work will rely in part on their maintenance of a CGPA of 3.0, as required by graduate regulation 1.5.4
PhD Qualifying Examination
To schedule PhD Qualifying Examination, students must complete the following steps. Note that eligibility for the President PhD Scholarship depends on the successful outcome of the PhD Qualifying Examination.
1. Contact the Graduate Program Assistant to be enrolled in ENSC 880.
2. Discuss with the supervisory committee and establish a date and time for the PhD Qualifying Examination.
3. Request a room booking from the Graduate Program Assistant.
4. The Graduate Program Assistant will provide a PhD Qualifying Examination Results form to the Senior Supervisor.
5. The proposal should be submitted to the committee two weeks before the presentation. An outline for the proposal can be viewed here
6. After the examination, the supervisory committee will fill out the PhD Qualifying Examination Results Form, and the Senior Supervisor will submit the form to the Graduate Program Assistant.
Thesis Defense and Degree Completion
Information, resources and procedures related to your defense can be found here
For MASc students, completed paperwork must be provided to the Graduate Program Assistant a minimum of 5 weeks prior to your defense
For PhD students, completed paperwork and your thesis must be provided to the Graduate Program Assistant a minimum of 7 weeks prior to your defense
For assistance with defense procedures, please email firstname.lastname@example.org