During March 2013, SFU students voted in a Student Society referendum in favour of continuing the U-Pass BC Program. As a result, the U-Pass BC fee for each term will be the following:
- 2013 Summer, 2013 Fall, 2014 Spring - $140
- 2014 Summer, 2015 Fall, 2015 Spring - $147
- 2015 Summer, 2016 Fall, 2016 Spring - $152
If you are enrolled in 2014 Summer courses and meet the requirements to be eligible for the U-Pass BC program, then the U-Pass BC term fee of $147 will be assessed to your SFU financial account.
U-PASS BC AND COMPASS CARD
A new, convenient and secure way to travel is coming to Metro Vancouver. When TransLink fully launches its Compass Card, the easy-to-use card will replace all of TransLink’s current passes and tickets, including U-Pass BC cards.
Compass Cards will be rolled out slowly over several months to post-secondary institutions, a few at a time, in 2014. SFU and TransLink will provide students with more information when the Compass Card will be implemented at SFU.
What you need to know:
- For now, you can continue to get your U-Pass BC card the same way you always have
- TransLink will give you lots of information about how and when to acquire and link your standard adult Compass Card and how to load your U-Pass BC onto it closer to when Compass is rolled out to your school
- Once you get your Compass Card, use your SFU computing ID to login to the U-Pass BC Compass website after the 16th of each month to load your U-Pass BC in order to use transit for the next month
- To use conventional transit in Metro Vancouver, you’ll need use your Compass Card to tap in at the start of each trip and tap out at the end of each trip
Stay tuned for more details on Compass and U-Pass BC in the coming months.