U-PASS BC WEBSITE NOTICE:
TransLink U-Pass BC website is currently experiencing a system issue. At this time, there are no details for when the issue will be resolved. SFU does not have access to the Compass system to make any adjustments to your U-Pass BC on TransLink's end. For students who used their March U-Pass BC, your April U-Pass BC has been automatically loaded onto your Compass Card. You will not need to contact Compass Customer Service.
If you are a new SFU student, you did not use the March U-Pass BC, or you are having issues, you will need to follow these steps to obtain your April U-Pass BC:
1. You will need to put a service indicator on your student account.
- Log in to the Student Information System through go.sfu.ca
- In the Personal Information section, select "Information Release/Privacy"
- To add an indicator, select "Add Information Privacy Indicators"
- Select the F07 Authorization to Release Academic Record by using the magnifying glass
- Enter ‘TransLink’ for both the first and last name (as the organization) being granted authorization
- Select “Oth Relat” from the relationship drop-down menu
- In the Comments section, write “I authorize TransLink to confirm my U-Pass BC eligibility for the April U-Pass BC.”
- Click on the ‘Save’ button.
2. You will need to contact Compass Customer Service at 604-398-2042 and request for your March U-Pass BC to be loaded onto your Compass Card. You will need your SFU student ID number and Compass Card number ready for validation.
It may take up to 48 hours for your April U-Pass BC to be loaded onto your Compass Card.
U-PASS BC PROGRAM
The U-Pass BC program is a partnership between BC post-secondary institutions, their student societies, TransLink, and the Province of British Columbia. SFU's U-Pass BC Program is a mandatory program for all members of the Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS) and all members of the Graduate Student Society (GSS).
You will need to buy an Adult Compass Card from one of the TransLink options listed on their website.
Once you have your Compass Card, you will need to follow a couple of simple steps before you can start using the U-Pass BC on your Compass Card:
- Sign into the U-Pass BC website
- Select "Simon Fraser University" from the drop down menu
- Log in using your SFU computing ID (it's the same as your SFU email login)
- Link your Compass Card by entering the 20-digits and CVN on the back of your Compass Card
- Request your U-Pass BC
It can take up to 24 hours for the U-Pass BC to be loaded onto your Compass Card, so make sure to request it before the end of the month. Once the U-Pass BC is loaded onto your Compass Card on the first day of the eligible month, you can start to tap in and tap out on transit. The U-Pass BC on your Compass Card is only valid when you have your SFU student ID card with you.
Remember to hold onto your Compass Card as you will need to log into the U-Pass BC website each month to request your monthly U-Pass BC be loaded onto your Compass Card. You will be able to request your next month's U-Pass BC starting on the 16th of the current month.
If you have questions about the U-Pass BC program, including eligibility and fees, please contact the SFU U-Pass BC office at email@example.com or 778.782.6930.