- Enrolment Services
- Get help
- Academic Progress Report
- ID Card
- goSFU guide
- U-Pass BC
- Support and services
- Career and Volunteer
- New Undergraduates
- Fall Term Start (September 2023)
- Summer Term Start (May 2024)
- Undergraduate Admission
- Canadian high school
- International High School Students
- USA high school
- Indigenous students
- College/university transfer
- International Baccalaureate
- Diverse qualifications
- Additional Categories
- Fees & Scholarships
- Tours & Events
- Student Experience
- Connect with Us
- Multifaith Centre
- About Us
- Faith Gatherings
- What's Happening
Check your balance
Please note: your SFU email is our primary method of communication with you: check your SFU email for your enrolment appointment date and time. Warning: forwarding your SFU email to another server can result in lost or failed transmission of important information.
Your student account must be in good standing before you are eligible to enrol. If you're eligible for a tuition fee waiver or you have a valid School Associate Tuition Fee Certificate, you will be responsible for paying any remaining tuition fees, the student activity fee, student services fee, recreation-athletic fee, U-Pass fee and health-dental plan fee.
- If you have equivalent health and dental coverage, you can opt out of the SFSS Health and/or Dental Plan online at www.studentcare.ca . You will need to provide proof of your other group benefits, such as a copy of your benefits card or a letter from the employer.
Log in to your student account and go to Finances / Account Summary. After you've enrolled and/or made class changes, view your student account: the system recalculates your fees immediately as you make any adds, drops, or other changes to your classes. Class drop penalties are calculated and posted to your account in the third week of classes.
- Log in to your student account with your computing ID
- Scroll down to the Finances section
- Click on the first link: Account Inquiry
- On the new page look to the right of Overall Balance and click on Downloadable Account Statement by Term
- Use the drop down box to select the term Account Statement you wish to print
- Click on the green GO button
- The Run Status will be showing as “Queued”. Click on the yellow Refresh button (top right) periodically until Run Status shows “Success”
- Click on the View PDF link on the right (it's a pop-up)
- Print your statement on your printer, and/ or save it to your computer to print later.
If you require your statement(s) to be officially stamped, please bring the copy (copies) to the Registrar and Information Services at one of the three campuses.
If you have any inquiries about the transactions, please call Student Accounts at 778.782.6930.
Outstanding fees on your student account must be paid by the due date of each term. You will be assessed a monthly interest charge on the outstanding overdue balance on your account. The rate is 2% per month (18% per annum).
If you have outstanding fees on your student account you cannot enrol in a subsequent term; order an official transcript; or any parchment for degrees, diplomas or certificates, and other sanctions will be applied.
Payment in full must show on your goSFU account for us to release the financial hold.
Why did I get charged Monthly Interest Charge?
Accounts not paid in full by the established tuition payment deadline are assessed a 2% interest charge monthly on the outstanding balance and on the first of each month.
Why did I get a partial refund for courses dropped?
See course drop deadlines at www.sfu.ca/students/deadlines.
|Tuition Refund Schedule|
|Deadline||Tuition amount refunded|
|7th calendar day of the term||100%|
|14th calendar day of the term||75%|
|21st calendar day of the term||50%|
|After 21st calendar day of the term
What is my fee breakdown?
To view your charges and payments, log in to goSFU, click on the Student Centre tile, scroll to the Finances section, click Account Inquiry, click the Activity tab, press “view all” to see the long or short history of charges and payments. If you have further questions, give us a call at 778-782-6930.
How do I get a receipt or invoice?