Lost or stolen card

You may need to replace your lost or stolen ID Card for the following reasons:

  • To identify you for exams
  • If you plan to visit campus or live in SFU Residence and Housing
  • If you use your U-Pass BC to access TransLink public transit
  • Free entry to SFU Athletics Varsity games/matches

If you require a replacement ID, please visit the Registrar and Information Services office at any campus to request your ID Card. Bring appropriate ID.   

Cost to replace card (tax included): $17.27 

Note: Once a replacement SFU card is issued, any previously issued SFU ID card will become inactive. If you find an inactive card, you should destroy it.

Replacing your SFU ID card following a name change

The replacement card fee will be waived for students who provide proof of legal name change and those requesting their first ID Card following a Preferred Name Change.

If you already have an SFU ID card and would like to get a new card with your preferred or new legal name, please review the information on the Legal and Preferred Name Change site.