[Prepared by Karl Fellenius, REM Graduate Student]
- The first gateway site: http://www-comm.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/english/default.htm
connects to the Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Pacific Region - Communication Branch home page. It contains public
policy information on commercial, recreational and First Nations
fisheries in the Pacific Region.
- This gateway site: http://seagrant.orst.edu/crt/index.html connects to the
National Sea Grant Program, a partnership between academia, industry
and government in the U.S. The program promotes research and education
encouraging the sustainable use of the Great Lakes and ocean resources.
- The Sea Grant - Coastal Recreation and Tourism Guide - http://seagrant.orst.edu/crt/crtguide.html provides a
summary of ongoing projects and contact information for project
researchers. Projects are listed by state, and classified as primarily
research, education or outreach.
- The Gulf of Georgia Cannery Management Plan Review web site
- http://www.parkscan.harbour.com serves
as an example of some of the challenges of developing a cultural
resource tourism product while preserving its character and integrity.
It provides an overview of cultural resource issues identified
by Parks Canada and the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society.
- This web site: http://www.bcfish.com/
connects to the BC's Fisherman's Unique Tours home page. It provides
information on cultural tours on commercial fishing vessels, and
interpretive walking tours guided by commercial fishers. It offers
researchers an opportunity to learn about specific challenges
encountered in these new businesses such as regulatory requirements
for chartering and vessel conversion.