[Prepared by David Waldron, REM Graduate Student]
- The Sustainable Tourism INterest Group (STRING) set up a web
site - http://www.yorku.ca/dkproj - providing
tourism researchers with a comprehensive collection of internet
resources relevant to sustainable tourism. Its links include multilateral
organizations, non-governmental and governmental organizations,
and codes of ethics and practices.
- Tourism Montreal has developed a web site devoted to tourism
research. One section of the site focuses on tourism sustainable
development research. It is accessible at: http://www.tourism-montreal.org/
- This web site: http://www.greenglobe.org
connects to the Green Globe site. Green Globe is an environmental
management and awareness program developed by the World Travel
and Tourism Council. It provides up-to-date coverage of some recent
efforts in the tourism industry to become more environmentally
- TOURFOR - http://www.tourfor.com - is a project
that is using environmental management systems for recreational
and tourism forestry sites. The web site provides a good case
study and links focusing on environmental management.
- The World Travel and Tourism Council web site - http://www.wttc.org - has a section devoted to environmental
issues. It provides key web sites to visit, including EcoNETT,
a site that focuses on sustainable tourism projects and initiatives
developed by companies or travel destinations.