[Prepared by Angie Gerst, REM Graduate Student]
- The Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council (CTHRC) is a national
non-profit organization which "promotes and enhances professionalism
in the Canadian Tourism Industry through industry standards, training
and Professional Certification. Its web site - http://www.cthrc.ca - leads to several
human resource organizations as well as a wealth of information
on training resources and programs,
- From the "Strategis" web site - http://www.strategis.ic.gc.ca -, it is
possible to search for information through a search box or by
using the link "Employment and Learning Resources".
- The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) web site - http://www.wttc.org - gives access to
the World Travel and Tourism Human Resources Centre (WTTHRC).
The WTTHRC site provides up-to-date, relevant and comprehensive
information about the organization's very active role in tourism
training and education research.
- The mission of Human Resource Development Canada (HRDC) is to
"enable Canadians to participate fully in the workplace and
the community". Its web site - http://www.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/
- provides information on career and personal development.