Career Development Practitioner Certificate
In just 14 weeks, gain the skills you need to work as a career development practitioner, career coach, employment counsellor or vocational consultant. Our full-time, online program is recognized by the BC Career Development Association and can prepare you for designation as a Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP).
Why this program?
- Earn your certificate in 14 weeks, including a three-week practicum
- Learn from industry leaders in the career development field
- Develop the competencies outlined in the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners
- Prepare for and meet educational requirements for the Certified Career Development Practitioner designation
- Develop a professional network of peers
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status along with its benefits
Online courses delivered via Zoom
On-site practicum based in B.C.
Spring: Apr 18–Jul 25, 2024
Fall: Oct 17, 2024–Feb 5, 2025
Classes: 30 hours/week
Homework: 6–8 hours/week
Mon–Fri 9 a.m.–3 p.m. Pacific Time
- Career Development Theories and Code of Ethics (CPRA105)
- Career Planning and Assessment (CPRA111)
- Information and Computer Research (CPRA115)
- Job Development and Diverse Groups (CPRA120)
- Employment and Job Search Skills (CPRA125)
- Helping Skills and Group Facilitation (CPRA131)
- Practicum 1 (CPRA135)
- Program Development, Resources Management and Learning Facilitation (CPRA145)
- Personality Dimensions Level 1 Training (CPRA205)
- Job Finding Club Training (CPRA210)
Textbooks not included
$200 approximate textbook cost
$75 program application fee
Laura is an employment specialist for the organization posAbilities, helping people with diverse abilities find work.
As a program coordinator for the Progressive Intercultural Community Services Society (PICS) in Surrey, B.C., Sant helps those who are at risk of homelessness find employment.