Career Development Practitioner Certificate
In just 14 weeks, gain the skills you need to work as a career development practitioner, career coach, employment counsellor or vocational consultant. Our full-time, online program is recognized by the BC Career Development Association and can prepare you for designation as a Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP).
Why this program?
- Earn your certificate in 14 weeks, including a three-week practicum
- Learn from industry leaders in the career development field
- Develop the competencies outlined in the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners
- Prepare for and meet educational requirements for the Certified Career Development Practitioner designation
- Develop a professional network of peers
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status
To graduate, pass all courses required to complete the program.
Fall: Oct 13, 2022–Feb 2, 2023
Classes: 30 hours/week
Homework: 6–8 hours/week
Mon–Fri 9 a.m.–3 p.m. Pacific Time
- Career Development Theories and Code of Ethics (CPRA105)
- Career Planning and Assessment (CPRA111)
- Information and Computer Research (CPRA115)
- Job Development and Diverse Groups (CPRA120)
- Employment and Job Search Skills (CPRA125)
- Helping Skills and Group Facilitation (CPRA131)
- Practicum 1 (CPRA135)
- Program Development, Resources Management and Learning Facilitation (CPRA145)
- Personality Dimensions Level 1 Training (CPRA205)
- Job Finding Club Training (CPRA210)
Textbooks not included
$400 approximate textbook cost
$75 program application fee
Applications are now open for the program beginning October 2022.
Quy Le is glad he now knows the answer to the question, “What if?” Leaving his job in tourism to enroll in SFU’s full-time Career Development Practitioner Certificate had been a risk, but it’s since paid off.
Tomoko Kajiyama never particularly enjoyed being a student. It wasn’t until the end of high school, when one of her teachers left a lasting impression on her, that she began to appreciate the significant difference teachers can make.