If you enjoy working with people and are looking for a rewarding career in employment counselling or career development, SFU's 14-week intensive Career Development Practitioner Certificate: Employment Services provides the perfect foundation. Our fast-track program is also ideal for those wanting a quick and effective career transition. Ten focused courses and workshops cover a variety of essential career topics:
- Jim Bright's Chaos Theory of Careers
- Formal and informal career assessment
- Bruce Tuckman's four stages of group development
- The one-stop service delivery model in B.C.
- Effective case management skills
- The Integrated Case Management system workshop
- Report writing and billable hour management