Rehabilitation and Disability Management Diploma
Note: Applications to this program are no longer accepted. Please visit the Vocational Rehabilitation and Disability Management Certificate page to view our new program.
Canada faces an acute need for professionals to help employees return to work after facing medical, physical and other challenges. In our part-time diploma program, you’ll learn to make appropriate and ethical decisions, facilitate accommodations, and implement medical, psychological and ergonomic assessments. The program will also bring you a step closer to earning your Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional credential. This program is ideal if you’re entering or already working in rehabilitation, disability management, insurance, career/employment services or human resources.
Why this program?
- Meet training requirements for the Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP) credential
- Earn continuing education units for College of Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals, Vocational Rehabilitation Association Canada or BC Association of Kinesiologists
- Learn from established professionals in rehabilitation and disability management
- Develop a professional network of industry peers
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status along with its benefits
Class time: 14–21 hours/month
Homework: 6–10 hours/month
All classes 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Pacific Time
REH120: Thu, May 4–Sat, May 6, 2023
REH125: Thu, Jun 1–Sat, Jun 3, 2023
REH121: Fri, Jul 7–Sat, Jul 8, 2023
REH124: Thu, Aug 10–Sat, Aug 12, 2023
REH126: Thu, Sep 14–Sat, Sep 16, 2023
REH128: Fri, Oct 13–Sat, Oct 14, 2023
REH129: Thu, Nov 16–Sat, Nov 18, 2023
REH130: Thu, Dec 7–Sat, Dec 9, 2023
- Rehabilitation and Disability Foundations (REH120)
- Mental Health Issues in Rehabilitation and Disability Management (REH121)
- Professional Conduct and Ethics (REH124)
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (REH125)
- Assessments in Rehabilitation and Disability Management (REH126)
- Vocational Accommodations (REH128)
- Strategic Communication and Working Alliances (REH129)
- Interventions and Return-to-Work Process (REH130)
Course materials included
$75 program application fee
Courses will be available for individual registration until April 2023 only. After that time, all seats will be reserved for diploma students.
Currently not available for registration.
Pinithi Jayasundara is living proof that you don’t have to choose between having a family and working in a field you love. The recent graduate completed the program while caring for her newborn baby and two other children.
Wylie Chan has spent a lifetime helping people heal from physical ailments and return to the workplace, first as a kinesiologist, then as an exercise physiologist.
They say experience makes the best teacher. For Pamela Stronski, living through her own struggles with a debilitating illness has set her on the path to a rewarding new career.