- Professional Programs
- Community Economic Development
- Graduate professional programs
- Learning from the Global Pandemic
- Women Bending the Curve on Climate Change
- Engaging the Community to Build Flood Resilience: 12,000 Rain Gardens for the Puget Sound
- Engaging the university community in realizing sustainabiity: a transformational approach
- Engaging Citizens in Bike Lane Proposals: A Toronto Experience
- Climate Narratives
- New Students
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Student Stories
- REDIRECT ONLY
- Sea, Land and Sky Initiative
November - Zero Waste
What is Zero Waste?
According to the Zero Waste International Alliance, zero waste is a goal that is ethical, economical, efficient and visionary, to guide people in changing their lifestyles and practices to emulate sustainable natural cycles, where all discarded materials are designed to become resources for others to use.
What are some ways we can reduce our waste?
- Shop eco-friendly with reusable bags
- Use reusable cooking products (ditch plastic wraps for bees wax)
- Try avoiding purchasing singularly wrapped food items
- Reduce your food waste
- Ulitize second-hand retail platforms (facebook marketplace etc.)
- Try to sell or donate your old clothes and furnature
- Make sure to properly dispose of electronics
- Choose to receive bills online
Zero waste in the Time of COVID19
Covid-19 has seemed to push us a couple steps backwards on our fight to help reduce waste. Where you would normally bring your disposable mug to purchase your morning coffee or reusable bag to grab groceries, we are now forced to accept the disposable plastic verison in hopes of slowing the spread of Covid-19. There are howvever some things to keep in mind during the pandemic to help reduce waste.
- Make your morning coffee at home and pack it with you
- Swap take-out for a lunch packed in a reusable container
- Try out a café that accepts jar and container deposits
How to enter
- Submit a photo and share your experience here.
- Your entry may be shared on our Instagram channel (@sfuenv).
- A grand prize will be awarded to the entry with the highest number of likes, comments and shares each month.
- Share your post on your channel to help increase engagement
This Month's Prize
This month's prize consistes of a Stasher reusable snack bag bundle!