- Where To Eat
- Meal Plans
- Covid Updates
- Dining Commons
- Local Food
- Fair Trade
- Rooted - Indigenous Food Program
- Meet Chef Steph Baryluk
- Rooted Dishes
- Bison Bourguignon
- BBQ Blueberry Salmon Bowl
- Wild Fish Stew with Leeks
- 3 Sisters Soup
- Salmon Cake with Sage Aioli
- Strawberry Honey Sweetgrass Vinaigrette Salad
- Maple Glazed Trout Salad
- Duck Taco with Charred Corn Salsa
- Penne Pasta with Venison Sausage & Dandelion Leaves
- Birch Syrup Raisin Almond Squares
- Grilled Bison Slider with Onion Jam
- Bannock Donut Holes
- Elk Pot Pie
- Braised Rabbit With Fresh Sage
- Creamy Wild Rice Soup with Spruce Tips
- Food Security
- Foodie Initiative
- SFU Food Ambassadors
- SFU Roots
How does the SFU Meal Plan work?
The SFU meal plan is “all-you-care-to-eat” which means students have the opportunity to access SFU Dining Commons (located on Burnaby Campus) for unlimited food and beverages while dining at the location. Access to the venue is unlimited. Students pay one set price for the entire term.
How do you use a meal plan?
When a meal plan is purchased, you gain access to Dining Commons by swiping an SFU ID card upon entry. Once admitted, there is a wide variety of stations with different food options to choose from.
What are the benefits of being on a meal plan?
Dining Commons is conveniently located at Residences on Burnaby campus
Students don’t need to worry about running out of food
No need to worry about grocery shopping, cooking or doing dishes
Dining Commons is open 24/7 during the Fall and Spring terms
It’s a great place to eat, study and meet new friends
Why is Dining Commons dine-in?
- SFU Dining has offered a dine-in model since 2012 and it has been very popular, offering a space where students can meet new friends, share a meal, and build community on campus
- Dining Commons offers different styles of seating including community tables, which make it a great place to collaborate and work on projects and assignments
- Sustainability is top of mind at Dining Commons, where reusable dishware and cutlery are used to reduce single-use food containers and any food waste is composted
Can I take food out of the Dining Commons?
SFU Dining offers a take-out lunch program designed for meal plan students with activities and classes on other SFU campuses, pre-ordering is required. Click here for details.
I have classes at FIC or another campus over lunch, what do I do?
- Students on a meal-plan with classes at another SFU campus over lunch can participate in the take-out lunch program. Pre-order required, see Dining Commons for details.
- For students at Fraser International College on a meal plan, one daily meal swipe is available at Discovery Café.
What are Dining Commons hours?
24/7 in the Fall and Spring Terms
7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. daily during the Summer Term
What if I have allergies or dietary restrictions?
Our dining team works hard to ensure that those with dietary restrictions (vegetarian, halal, vegan, made-without-gluten) are able to find options at every meal.
The on-shift manager is always happy to meet with guests to discuss allergy or dietary restrictions. You can also make an appointment, Monday to Friday, with a manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I lose my student card?
A valid SFU ID card is required to access Dining Commons for meal plan holders. Follow these steps to replace your lost student card. Once you have a replacement card, please check-in with Dining Commons to ensure your new barcode is updated.
Questions about meal plans at SFU? Email email@example.com