Diverse Qualifications Adjudication Committee
Standing committee (Reporting annually to Senate Committee on Undergraduate Studies)
Last Updated June 15, 2021
|Registrar/Executive Director, Student Enrolment (or designate)||Chair, Ex-officio. Non-voting except in case of a tie||Mike Peragine|
|Secretary (non-voting)||Registrar/Executive Director, Student Enrolment will appoint a Secretary||Ken Wong|
|Faculty Member||Elected by Senate||2 years||May 31, 2023|
|Convocation Senator||Elected by and from Senate||3 years||May 31, 2023||Rob McTavish|
|Faculty Member (Applied Sciences)||Elected by and from respective Faculties||2 years||May 31, 2023|
|Faculty Member (Arts and Social Sciences)||2 years||May 31, 2022||Vaibhav Saria|
|Faculty Member (Business Admin)||2 years||May 31, 2022||Jason Ho|
|Faculty Member (Communication, Art & Technology)||2 years||May 31, 2023|
|Faculty Member (Education)||2 years||May 31, 2022||Charles Bingham|
|Faculty Member (Environment)||2 years||May 31, 2023|
|Faculty Member (Health Sciences)||2 years||May 31, 2023|
|Faculty Member (Science)||2 years||May 31, 2023|
|Undergraduate Student||Elected by Senate||1 year||May 31, 2022||Victoria Belway|
|Undergraduate Student||1 year||May 31, 2022||Nathaniel Tok|
Purpose and responsibilities
- To adjudicate admission decisions under the University's Diverse Qualifications Undergraduate Admission Policy.
- Where necessary, to provide general direction in the interpretation of such policies.
- To recommend to SCUS changes or additions to the Policy.
Responsibilities of the Registrar/Executive Director, Student Enrolment (or designate)
- To serve as Secretary.
- To participate in the evaluation, review and development of the Policy and associated procedures, including the collection and analysis of statistical data concerning outcomes.
- To administer the policy and provide the necessary support services.
Committee meetings are scheduling at least once per semester
- If a Faculty is not a participant in the Diverse Qualifications Undergraduate Admission Policy, that faculty's representative shall be a non-voting observer on the committee.
- If no Lay member of Senate is available to serve, Senate may elect a general member of the community to serve in that position.
- The Vice-Chair shall be elected annually.
- Quorum is five voting members