Senate Committee on University Honours
Standing committee (Reporting Category "B")
|Chancellor||Chair - Ex-officio||Tamara Vrooman|
|President and Vice-Chancellor||Ex-officio||Joy Johnson|
|Vice-President, Advancement and Alumni Engagement
|Registrar and Executive Director, Student Enrolment||Secretary -- Ex-officio||Tom Nault|
|Chair, Senate Policy Committee on Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries||Ex-officio||Brian Krauth|
|Faculty Senator (Applied Sciences)||Elected by Senate||3 years||May 31, 2024|
|Faculty Senator (Arts and Social Sciences)||3 years||May 31, 2022||David Mirhady|
|Faculty Senator (Business Admin.)||3 years||May 31, 2022||Connie Liu|
|Faculty Senator (Communication, Art & Technology)||3 years||May 31, 2023||Thecla Schiphorst|
|Faculty Senator (Education)||3 years||May 31, 2024|
|Faculty Senator (Environment)||3 years||May 31, 2023||Mark Collard|
|Faculty Senator (Health Sciences)||3 years||May 31, 2023||Pablo Nepomnaschy|
|Faculty Senator (Science)||3 years||May 31, 2023||John Stockie|
|Convocation Senator||3 years||May 31, 2023||Rob McTavish|
|Convocation Senator||3 years||May 31, 2023||Matt Martell|
|Student Senator||3 years||May 31, 2022||Sarah Lord Ferguson|
|Senator (at-large)||3 years||May 31, 2022||Colin Percival|
|Student (at-large)||3 years||May 31, 2024||Thomas Budd|
|Director of Ceremonies||Ex-officio (non-voting)||Gloria Chu|
The President and Vice-Chancellor is designated as the Vice-Chair.
Terms of Reference
- To recommend to Senate candidates for Honorary Degrees. Note: Motion approved by Senate at meeting of December 6, 1982: "That Senate direct the Senate Committee on Honorary Degrees and the Senate Committee on Agenda and Rules to provide the information package to individual Senators concerning the Honorary Degree candidates no later than 96 hours before the scheduled meeting of Senate."
- To make decisions on awards and distinctions specified in Appendix A.
- From time to time, to review the awards and make recommendations for changes.
- On request, to advise on University nominations for external awards.
A quorum is seven voting members.
Committee meetings will be held twice per year.
The following awards shall be determined by the Senate Committee on University Honours:
- B.C. Sugar Achievement Award
- Terry Fox Gold Medal
- C.D. Nelson Memorial Prize