Senate Committee on Enrollment Management and Planning
Standing committee (Reporting Category "B")
|Vice-President, Academic||Chair Ex-officio||Wade Parkhouse|
|Dean and Associate Provost, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies||Ex-officio||Jeff Derksen|
|Registrar and Exec. Director Student Enrolment (or designate)||Ex-officio||Tom Nault|
|Associate Vice-President Academic||Ex-officio||Wade Parkhouse|
|Associate Vice President Students and International (or designate)||Ex-officio||Rummana Khan Hemani|
|Director, Office of Institutional Research and Planning||Ex-officio -- Secretary (non-voting)||Zareen Naqvi
|Dean, Applied Sciences (or designate)||Ex-officio||Eugene Fiume|
|Dean, Arts and Social Sciences (or designate)||Peter Hall|
|Dean, Business Administration (or designate)||Peter Tingling|
|Dean, Communication, Art & Technology (or designate)||Philippe Pasquier|
|Dean, Education (or designate)||Natalia Gajdamaschko|
|Dean, Environment (or designate)||Paul Kingsbury|
|Dean, Health Sciences (or designate)||Tania Bubela|
|Dean, Science (or designate)||Paul Kench|
|Faculty Senator||Elected by Senate||2 years||May 31, 2024||Gord Myers|
|Faculty Senator||2 years||May 31, 2024||JF Williams|
|Undergraduate Student Senator||Elected by Senate||1 year||May 31, 2023||Melissa Van Veen|
|Graduate Student (at-large)||1 year||May 31, 2023||Stephen Spector|
Terms of Reference
1. To recommend to Senate annual targets for undergraduate and graduate enrolment in each Faculty.
2. To recommend to Senate annual undergraduate admission targets by semester, basis of admission (high school, college transfer, other), and Faculty.
3. To consider proposals from Faculties for managing enrolment in Faculties and/or programs and to make recommendations to Senate.
4. To monitor closely the impact of enrolment management measures and recommend appropriate changes, as needed, to Senate.
5. To make recommendations to Senate concerning the management of international student enrolment.
6. Considering available and prospective resources, to develop and recommend to Senate policies for managing enrolment.
7. To coordinate and monitor student employment and retention activities between the Faculties and Student Services.
Quorum is seven voting members
Committee meetings are scheduled twice per year, in February and November.
The next SCEMP Meetings will be held:
Thursday, November 4, 2021, from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm in Strand Hall 3101
Tuesday, February 22, 2022, from 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm in Strand Hall 3101