- General safety
- Research safety
- Construction safety
- Safety committees
The SFU Ergonomics Program consists of an Ergonomics Policy, consultation on purchasing furniture and equipment, awareness training and workstation assessments. An Ergonomics Committee has been established to ensure that ergonomically correct office furniture and seating is purchased.
The WorksafeBC Regulation "Ergonomics Requirements: Part 4" requires that SFU assesses workstations and work activities.
EHRS conducts assessments and provides a report. Supervisors are expected to follow up on recommendations.
- Review the document: Tips and Guidlines for Workstation Set-up
- Review the document: Tips and Guidelines for the Home Office
- Review the document: Ergonomic Guide for Keyboard & Mouse Safety
- Review the document: Creative Ways to Apply Ergonomic Principles at Home
- Request a workstation assessment: Supervisors can request a workstation assessment for their employees by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org