i This website contains general information and resources related to policies, procedures, and application processes for international students. For the latest updates and specific information on COVID-19 including impacts on immigration applications (e.g. study permits, work permits, visas), travel restrictions, work eligibility, and medical insurance, please refer to our FAQ page:

COVID-19 FAQ for International Students

If your study permit application is delayed, you may consider arriving late or applying to defer your admission.


If you are new to Canada, we do not recommend missing more than the first week of classes as it is very difficult to catch up. Contact your professors or an academic advisor for advice.

If you need to apply to defer your admission, please see the deferral information on the Admissions website. You should also refer to the deadlines  information online to see course drop dates, tuition and enrollment deadlines.


Please contact your Supervisor or Graduate Secretary for assistance.  You should also refer to the Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Fellows office website for information regarding procedures and important deadlines.  Note that financial penalties will apply if you fail to drop your courses within the first 13 days of the term.

Exchange Students

Please contact