- Executive Director's Office
- Cultivating a community of care at SFU Surrey and beyond
- Celebrating 20 years of SFU in Surrey
- Bringing ArtsLIVE to SFU Surrey
- Sustainability in the heart of Surrey's city centre
- It’s all about CO-OPeration: My experience with SFU Co-op
- Renewing our commitment to reconciliation and decolonization
- Reconnect and recharge this summer
- Supporting one another and raising awareness on sexual assault
- Why Bell Let's Talk Day matters to me
- International Women's Day: Celebrating the Strong Women in My Life
- The Glass Half Full: The Challenges of 2020 & The Promise of 2021
- Moving forward: Next steps for anti-racism dialogues at SFU Surrey
- Honouring the 215 lives lost
- Walking together towards inclusion
- Summer message from Steve Dooley
- Welcome back to campus!
- Honouring the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Introducing The Journey Here: a new podcast from SFU Surrey
- Holiday greetings, a look back on 2021 and hope for 2022
- Let's talk about mental health and well-being
- Lift Each Other Up on Pink Shirt Day
- 2020 Homeless Count in Surrey
- Surrey campus vibe is alive-and-strong during COVID-19
- It’s Long Overdue - Moving The Dial on Racism & Discrimination
- Thank You President Petter for 10 Amazing Years
- Welcoming Joy Johnson, SFU's 10th President
- Get to know Steve Dooley, Executive Director of SFU's Surrey Campus
- In case you missed it: Fall 2020 Campus-wide meeting
- The fight against COVID-19: Surrey researchers at their best!
- Season's greetings from Steve Dooley
- Community Perspectives on Living with HIV and where we go From Here
- Celebrating International Women’s Day at SFU’s Surrey Campus
- OppFest at the Surrey campus
- New campus building expands SFU Surrey campus
- Pink Shirt Day
- Power of Partnerships: Surrey Schools
- Welcome to Fall 2019
- SFU Surrey and Orange Shirt Day
- World Mental Health Week
- Health-related research and innovation is thriving in Surrey
- SFU Surrey students changing the world in 2019
Podcast: The Journey Here
- Season 1
- Ep. 1 | Joy Johnson: Leading with Compassion and Care
- Ep. 2 | Kue K'nyawmupoe: Connecting and Serving Communities
- Ep. 3 | Doug Tennant: Empowering Leaders with Diverse Abilities
- Ep. 4 | Kathleen Burke: Igniting Community Leaders
- Ep. 5 | Rochelle Prasad: Sparking the Leaders of Tomorrow
- Ep. 6 | Bailey Mumford: An Advocate for Housing and Belonging
- Ep. 7 | Matt Hern: Supporting Community Development through Worker Co-operatives
- Ep. 8 | Joanne Curry: Engaging Our Campus and Community
- Season 1
- Email Archive
- Open House
- Campus services
- News and events
- Contact us
2019 Blog Posts
December 13, 2019
T’is the season when we’ll soon find ourselves reflecting on the past year, counting our blessings and hopefully, thinking of others and how we can make a difference. As we round this year I’m particularly moved by how many SFU students have gone beyond thinking and are truly walking the talk of engaging with our community.
December 03, 2019
Health-related research and innovation is thriving in Surrey, a fact made clearly evident last week in an SFU Surrey campus classroom packed with more than 80 bright minds from SFU and Fraser Health.
October 10, 2019
This week, SFU Health & Counselling Services is observing World Mental Health Week. I want to give a shout-out, not only to the efforts of Health and Counselling this week, but to the day-to-day support they provide to students.
October 04, 2019
Orange Shirt Day, September 30, honours the memory of residential school survivors, and last week the SFU Surrey campus and SFU’s Office of Aboriginal People (OAP) joined with the Surrey Urban Indigenous Leadership Committee (SUILC), the City of Surrey, Surrey Schools and Fraser Health to walk the talk—and remember...
September 06, 2019
It’s almost the end of the first week of the fall semester and by now I hope you have figured out where all of your classes are and you’re excited about the first semester with the Surrey campus expansion.
June 18, 2019
One of the ways we demonstrate SFU’s engaged university mandate at the Surrey campus is through authentic and deep partnerships with many public sector institutions in the city; Fraser Health, City of Surrey and Surrey Schools to name a few. In this and future blogposts, I’d like to acknowledge and celebrate some of these partnerships.
May 10, 2019
With a crowd of nearly 400 people, including many government dignitaries and community partners and friends, we officially opened SFU’s newest building in the heart of downtown Surrey, the first step in our Surrey campus expansion.
April 02, 2019
OppFest is an annual event at the Surrey campus that brings together students pitching their product ideas to more than 60 faculty, staff and community judges. This year we even had a judge who came all the way from New York to participate in this amazing celebration of entrepreneurship and innovation.
March 25, 2019
On Tuesday, March 19, more than 60 community members gathered at SFU’s Surrey campus for ‘Community Perspectives on Living with HIV and Where We Go From Here’ – a lecture as part of the President’s Dream Colloquium.
March 12, 2019
Each year on March 8, people from around the world come together to celebrate women's achievements and recognize the challenges they continue to face as they seek a gender balanced world.
March 04, 2019
Each February Simon Fraser University’s Surrey campus helps paint the town pink in light of Pink Shirt Day, as the community takes a stand against bullying.