- Campus services
- Executive Director's Office
- Supporting one another and raising awareness on sexual assault
- Why Bell Let's Talk Day matters to me
- International Women's Day: Celebrating the Strong Women in My Life
- The Glass Half Full: The Challenges of 2020 & The Promise of 2021
- Moving forward: Next steps for anti-racism dialogues at SFU Surrey
- Honouring the 215 lives lost
- Walking together towards inclusion
- Summer message from Steve Dooley
- Welcome back to campus!
- Honouring the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Let's talk about mental health and well-being
- Lift Each Other Up on Pink Shirt Day
- 2020 Homeless Count in Surrey
- Surrey campus vibe is alive-and-strong during COVID-19
- It’s Long Overdue - Moving The Dial on Racism & Discrimination
- Thank You President Petter for 10 Amazing Years
- Welcoming Joy Johnson, SFU's 10th President
- Get to know Steve Dooley, Executive Director of SFU's Surrey Campus
- In case you missed it: Fall 2020 Campus-wide meeting
- The fight against COVID-19: Surrey researchers at their best!
- Season's greetings from Steve Dooley
- Community Perspectives on Living with HIV and where we go From Here
- Celebrating International Women’s Day at SFU’s Surrey Campus
- OppFest at the Surrey campus
- New campus building expands SFU Surrey campus
- Pink Shirt Day
- Power of Partnerships: Surrey Schools
- Welcome to Fall 2019
- SFU Surrey and Orange Shirt Day
- World Mental Health Week
- Health-related research and innovation is thriving in Surrey
- SFU Surrey students changing the world in 2019
- Email Archive
- News and events
- Contact us
Safety, security and emergency
Campus safety is a priority. Learn how to report emergencies and incidents at the Surrey campus.
The Surrey Local Joint Health & Safety Committee comprises members from Management, Unions, Teaching and Research Assistants and Non-union employee groups. Below is the formal wording regarding the Committee membership:
"The committee shall consist of members from locations covered by the committee. In compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation and Workers Compensation Act, committee members are designated as representing either the employer or workers employed by the University. Efforts should be made to ensure all major work groups or areas and all employee groups are represented on the committee. Employer representatives shall not out number worker representatives on the committee."
Activities of the Local Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Address health and safety concerns that are not resolved through the normal line management structure
- Promote health and safety awareness
- Conduct annual site inspections of their areas of responsibility, review and distribute inspection summaries to relevant stakeholders and EHRS, and monitor follow-up to ensure deficiencies are addressed in a timely manner
- Participate in incident investigations as required, and recommend corrective action
- Follow-up with departments to ensure identified deficiencies are addressed in a timely manner
The Committee also covers the SEE Building in that the Faculty of Applied Sciences has its own safety committee for their labs etc. and they have a representative attend our meetings and reports to the Committee. That representative is Aladdin Tayeh.
You may contact the Committee via email at email@example.com.