- Campus services
- Executive Director's Office
- Supporting one another and raising awareness on sexual assault
- Why Bell Let's Talk Day matters to me
- International Women's Day: Celebrating the Strong Women in My Life
- The Glass Half Full: The Challenges of 2020 & The Promise of 2021
- Moving forward: Next steps for anti-racism dialogues at SFU Surrey
- Honouring the 215 lives lost
- Walking together towards inclusion
- Summer message from Steve Dooley
- Welcome back to campus!
- Honouring the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Let's talk about mental health and well-being
- Lift Each Other Up on Pink Shirt Day
- 2020 Homeless Count in Surrey
- Surrey campus vibe is alive-and-strong during COVID-19
- It’s Long Overdue - Moving The Dial on Racism & Discrimination
- Thank You President Petter for 10 Amazing Years
- Welcoming Joy Johnson, SFU's 10th President
- Get to know Steve Dooley, Executive Director of SFU's Surrey Campus
- In case you missed it: Fall 2020 Campus-wide meeting
- The fight against COVID-19: Surrey researchers at their best!
- Season's greetings from Steve Dooley
- Community Perspectives on Living with HIV and where we go From Here
- Celebrating International Women’s Day at SFU’s Surrey Campus
- OppFest at the Surrey campus
- New campus building expands SFU Surrey campus
- Pink Shirt Day
- Power of Partnerships: Surrey Schools
- Welcome to Fall 2019
- SFU Surrey and Orange Shirt Day
- World Mental Health Week
- Health-related research and innovation is thriving in Surrey
- SFU Surrey students changing the world in 2019
- Email Archive
- News and events
- Contact us
Surrey campus facilities support bike storage, access card, lockers, janitorial services, and many other services.
If you have a maintenance or custodial request, or require more information about the services listed, contact the Surrey Facilities desk at 778-782-5144 or fill out the form below.
Building hours are as follows:
SRYC: 24/7 access to SFU students (with SFU ID cards), staff and faculty. General public access from 7 am – 10 pm.
SRYE: 24/7 access to SFU students (with SFU ID cards), staff and faculty. General public access from 7 am – 6 pm.
SFU access cards and keys
Your SFU photo ID is also your access card to offices, rooms, and labs. Visit the Registrar and Information Services counter to pick up your card. A valid piece of photo identification is required when you are picking up your SFU card.
Each faculty or staff office is individually keyed and keys are provided by Facilities. Report any lost or stolen keys or access cards to Facilities immediately.
Bicycle racks for students, faculty and staff are located on level 1 of the parkade. Contact security in the tower lobby area to obtain a punch code for the gate. Cyclists may store their bicycles at their own risk.
Students can obtain a locker through SFU Recreation services. As fees for one locker do not transfer between campuses, you will need to rent a separate locker at SFU Surrey even if you have a locker at SFU Burnaby.
As a building policy, no animals or pets are allowed at SFU Surrey, except for service animals.
Temperature and adjustments
The HVAC system is computer controlled to maximize occupant comfort and minimize energy loads. Temperature concerns should be directed to Facilities.
Recycling & shredding
Confidential materials can be placed in the grey Shred-It bins located in common areas. The Shred-It pick up is once a month. Cardboard boxes can also be recycled. Flatten and leave boxes beside a garbage can.
Janitorial staff is on site after 10:30 p.m. Sunday night to Thursday night ensuring that the premises are ready for business Monday to Friday. Garbage cans and recycling bins in offices are emptied twice a week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Any service requests or deficiencies can be reported to Facilities.
Facilities staff can assist faculty and staff who do not have an office at the Surrey campus with locking cabinets or access to a secure storage room. Filing cabinets are available for faculty and staff upon request to Facilities.
Kitchen and lunchrooms
For the SRYC building, there are lunchrooms located at SRYC 2807, SRYC 354, and SRYC 4004. Punch code access is required, contact your department admin for the code.
For the SRYE building, there are lunchrooms located at SRYE 3008 and SRYE 5050. Cardlock access is required for 5050, contact your department admin for the code.
It is the users’ responsibility to keep the kitchens clean. SFU Surrey does not offer any food services. A food court and several restaurants are located in, or close to, the mall.