- Executive Director's Office
- Cultivating a community of care at SFU Surrey and beyond
- Celebrating 20 years of SFU in Surrey
- Bringing ArtsLIVE to SFU Surrey
- Sustainability in the heart of Surrey's city centre
- It’s all about CO-OPeration: My experience with SFU Co-op
- Renewing our commitment to reconciliation and decolonization
- Reconnect and recharge this summer
- Community on Campus: SFU Surrey's 20th Anniversary Recap
- Supporting one another and raising awareness on sexual assault
- Why Bell Let's Talk Day matters to me
- International Women's Day: Celebrating the Strong Women in My Life
- The Glass Half Full: The Challenges of 2020 & The Promise of 2021
- Moving forward: Next steps for anti-racism dialogues at SFU Surrey
- Honouring the 215 lives lost
- Walking together towards inclusion
- Summer message from Steve Dooley
- Welcome back to campus!
- Honouring the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Introducing The Journey Here: a new podcast from SFU Surrey
- Holiday greetings, a look back on 2021 and hope for 2022
- Let's talk about mental health and well-being
- Lift Each Other Up on Pink Shirt Day
- 2020 Homeless Count in Surrey
- Surrey campus vibe is alive-and-strong during COVID-19
- It’s Long Overdue - Moving The Dial on Racism & Discrimination
- Thank You President Petter for 10 Amazing Years
- Welcoming Joy Johnson, SFU's 10th President
- Get to know Steve Dooley, Executive Director of SFU's Surrey Campus
- In case you missed it: Fall 2020 Campus-wide meeting
- The fight against COVID-19: Surrey researchers at their best!
- Season's greetings from Steve Dooley
- Community Perspectives on Living with HIV and where we go From Here
- Celebrating International Women’s Day at SFU’s Surrey Campus
- OppFest at the Surrey campus
- New campus building expands SFU Surrey campus
- Pink Shirt Day
- Power of Partnerships: Surrey Schools
- Welcome to Fall 2019
- SFU Surrey and Orange Shirt Day
- World Mental Health Week
- Health-related research and innovation is thriving in Surrey
- SFU Surrey students changing the world in 2019
- Podcast: The Journey Here
- Season 1
- Ep. 1 | Joy Johnson: Leading with Compassion and Care
- Ep. 2 | Kue K'nyawmupoe: Connecting and Serving Communities
- Ep. 3 | Doug Tennant: Empowering Leaders with Diverse Abilities
- Ep. 4 | Kathleen Burke: Igniting Community Leaders
- Ep. 5 | Rochelle Prasad: Sparking the Leaders of Tomorrow
- Ep. 6 | Bailey Mumford: An Advocate for Housing and Belonging
- Ep. 7 | Matt Hern: Supporting Community Development through Worker Co-operatives
- Ep. 8 | Joanne Curry: Engaging Our Campus and Community
- Ep. 9 | Michael Heeney: Building Surrey's City Centre
- Season 1
- Campus services
- News and events
- Contact us
Wellness and Support
Learn more about the various student services that here to support you at SFU.
Health & Counselling
SFU Health & Counselling provides a variety of health and wellness services and events to support your physical and mental wellbeing.
Indigenous Student Centre
The Indigenous Student Centre (ISC) is dedicated to providing Indigenous students with programs and services that are unique, cultural, and holistic. Our vision is for Indigenous students to succeed and thrive, as our Ancestors envisioned, with a balance of culture, tradition, and academic success.
Location: SRYC 5300
ISC Surrey Schedule:
- Tea and Bead drop-ins (Tuesdays 1:30-4:00 PM weekly)
- Wellness Wednesdays (Wednesdays 12:00-2:00 PM, biweekly)
- Cultural Connections (Wednesdays 2:00-4:00 PM, biweekly)
- Academic Advising (Thursdays 2:00-4:00 PM, biweekly)
- Financial Aid and Awards (Fridays 1:30-2:30, weekly)
Office of Student Support, Rights & Responsibilities
The Office of Student Support, Rights & Responsibilities (SSRR) offers support to students experiencing mental health concerns, distress, difficulties or concerning behaviour from others. A case manager will work with a student to identify issues and concerns, provide ongoing support including navigating the university and connecting them with appropriate services and processes. Case managers can support students with both mental health and unmet basic needs, such food security and housing. Support through this office is available on an appointment or drop-in basis, and is available to all students at SFU Surrey.
Drop-in hours: Wednesdays & Thursdays, 2:30-4:00 PM (last appointment at 3:40 PM)
Location: Check in with the Registrar & Information Services staff (on the Mezzanine) and let them know you’d like to see the SSRR Case Manager.
Make an appointment
Along with the drop-in hours above, students can make an appointment with the case manager at a mutually agreed upon time.
Sexual Violence Support and Prevention Office
The SFU Sexual Violence Support & Prevention Office (SVSPO) offers free and confidential support, information, and guidance to SFU students and employees who have been impacted by sexual violence, such as sexual assault or harassment, regardless of when or where it took place. People of all gender identities and sexual orientations are welcome. In-person support services and consultations are available by appointment on the SFU Surrey campus.
Student Recreation Services
Recreation Services for students at the Surrey Campus include tecreation memberships in partnership with the City of Surrey Parks and Recreation as well as booking locker rentals.
Learn more about SFU Surrey Parks and Recreation memberships