- Executive Director's Office
- Supporting one another and raising awareness on sexual assault
- Why Bell Let's Talk Day matters to me
- International Women's Day: Celebrating the Strong Women in My Life
- The Glass Half Full: The Challenges of 2020 & The Promise of 2021
- Moving forward: Next steps for anti-racism dialogues at SFU Surrey
- Honouring the 215 lives lost
- Walking together towards inclusion
- Summer message from Steve Dooley
- Welcome back to campus!
- Honouring the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Introducing The Journey Here: a new podcast from SFU Surrey
- Let's talk about mental health and well-being
- Lift Each Other Up on Pink Shirt Day
- 2020 Homeless Count in Surrey
- Surrey campus vibe is alive-and-strong during COVID-19
- It’s Long Overdue - Moving The Dial on Racism & Discrimination
- Thank You President Petter for 10 Amazing Years
- Welcoming Joy Johnson, SFU's 10th President
- Get to know Steve Dooley, Executive Director of SFU's Surrey Campus
- In case you missed it: Fall 2020 Campus-wide meeting
- The fight against COVID-19: Surrey researchers at their best!
- Season's greetings from Steve Dooley
- Community Perspectives on Living with HIV and where we go From Here
- Celebrating International Women’s Day at SFU’s Surrey Campus
- OppFest at the Surrey campus
- New campus building expands SFU Surrey campus
- Pink Shirt Day
- Power of Partnerships: Surrey Schools
- Welcome to Fall 2019
- SFU Surrey and Orange Shirt Day
- World Mental Health Week
- Health-related research and innovation is thriving in Surrey
- SFU Surrey students changing the world in 2019
- Podcast: The Journey Here
- Email Archive
- Campus services
- News and events
- Contact us
2020 Blog Posts
December 14, 2020
Steve Dooley takes some time to wish SFU students, staff, and faculty a wonderful and restful holiday ahead.
November 16, 2020
SFU researchers have always done incredible work across a variety of disciplines. As we battle the current pandemic, research is critical, and SFU is making vital contributions on many fronts. Here are some examples of research in action in Surrey.
October 26, 2020
In his latest blog post, Steve highlights the different things discussed during the Fall 2020 campus-wide meeting on October 21, 2020.
September 23, 2020
A Q&A with Steve Dooley where he shares a little about himself, what you may not know about him, and what he loves about SFU Surrey.
September 02, 2020
On behalf of the Surrey campus community, it’s my pleasure to welcome Joy Johnson, whose term as SFU’s 10th president began on September 1.
July 30, 2020
After serving SFU for 10 years, Andrew Petter will step down from his position as the university’s president at the end of August, and under his leadership, what a decade it has been for the growth and development of the Surrey campus.
June 19, 2020
As anti-racism protests and violence continue around the world, I’m reminded of my own privilege and the injustices people are facing each and every day in the country I call home. Yet I remain hopeful - hopeful that real action and change will result from the outpouring of frustration, sadness and disbelief we are all witnessing, as well as solutions and advocacy for systemic change.
May 28, 2020
It’s been nearly three months since many of us started working remotely. So much has changed, so much is still changing, and I hope you and your families are doing well during this challenging time. And while the pandemic has been a challenge for us all there are also a daily plethora of good news stories that give us all hope for the future. Many of these examples are happening right here at the SFU Surrey campus.
March 09, 2020
Every three years, the BC Non-Profit Housing Association conducts a homeless count in Metro Vancouver. This week I joined a number of SFU students, faculty and staff as participants who conducted surveys to inform the 2020 Homeless Count in Surrey. More than 1,400 volunteered across the Metro Vancouver region for this important count.
February 25, 2020
Every February Simon Fraser University’s Surrey campus participates in Pink Shirt Day, as the community takes a stand against bullying.
January 27, 2020
I hope that the holiday season and semester break was a restful and recharging time and you are embracing the excitement of a new year and decade. Bring it on, 2020!