- Executive Director's Office
- Supporting one another and raising awareness on sexual assault
- Why Bell Let's Talk Day matters to me
- International Women's Day: Celebrating the Strong Women in My Life
- The Glass Half Full: The Challenges of 2020 & The Promise of 2021
- Moving forward: Next steps for anti-racism dialogues at SFU Surrey
- Honouring the 215 lives lost
- Walking together towards inclusion
- Summer message from Steve Dooley
- Welcome back to campus!
- Honouring the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Introducing The Journey Here: a new podcast from SFU Surrey
- Let's talk about mental health and well-being
- Lift Each Other Up on Pink Shirt Day
- 2020 Homeless Count in Surrey
- Surrey campus vibe is alive-and-strong during COVID-19
- It’s Long Overdue - Moving The Dial on Racism & Discrimination
- Thank You President Petter for 10 Amazing Years
- Welcoming Joy Johnson, SFU's 10th President
- Get to know Steve Dooley, Executive Director of SFU's Surrey Campus
- In case you missed it: Fall 2020 Campus-wide meeting
- The fight against COVID-19: Surrey researchers at their best!
- Season's greetings from Steve Dooley
- Community Perspectives on Living with HIV and where we go From Here
- Celebrating International Women’s Day at SFU’s Surrey Campus
- OppFest at the Surrey campus
- New campus building expands SFU Surrey campus
- Pink Shirt Day
- Power of Partnerships: Surrey Schools
- Welcome to Fall 2019
- SFU Surrey and Orange Shirt Day
- World Mental Health Week
- Health-related research and innovation is thriving in Surrey
- SFU Surrey students changing the world in 2019
- Podcast: The Journey Here
- Email Archive
- Campus services
- News and events
- Contact us
2021 Blog Posts
November 30, 2021
After many months of working on this project, with the very capable support of Rachel Wong and Isabelle Louie, I am thrilled to announce the launch of The Journey Here, a podcast that brings together the stories of community builders from all walks of life – hosted by yours truly!
October 05, 2021
Last week, SFU marked its first Truth and Reconciliation week, and there were a number of initiatives that took place across our three campuses to stand in solidarity with Indigenous communities across Canada.
September 07, 2021
Happy September and welcome back! As the fall semester rolls around once more, Steve would like to express his gratitude for the strength and resilience of the SFU Surrey campus community during the pandemic, and extend a warm welcome to all the new and returning staff, faculty, and students. Have a wonderful semester, everyone!
July 26, 2021
With summer already in full swing, I want to thank all of you for your hard work, dedication, and care for one another as we've worked through this pandemic together. It has truly been a unique time that has challenged the way that we live, work and connect.
June 29, 2021
As June comes to a close, Steve takes the time to reflect on some of the events that took place this month and the work that we all can do to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion.
June 01, 2021
Following the devastating news from the Kamloops Indian Residential School, Steve offers his condolences and thoughts.
May 10, 2021
In acknowledgement of the violence against anti-Asian communities and the guilty verdict in the George Floyd murder trial, Steve provides an update on some of the anti-racism work that has been done at SFU Surrey and what's up ahead.
April 07, 2021
In his latest blog post, Steve takes some time to acknowledge and celebrate some of the successes that we as an SFU Surrey community accomplished over the past year as we pass the one year mark of working from home.
March 08, 2021
On International Women's Day, I want to take some time to celebrate and honour the amazing women in my life: those in my family, and those I've had the opportunity to work alongside.
January 28, 2021
January 28 is Bell Let's Talk Day, and I take some time to share my own experiences with mental health and what today means to me.
January 18, 2021
January is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. All month long, I urge you to participate in a number of events and campaigns hosted by SFU's Sexual Violence Support and Prevention Office.