- Executive Director's Office
- Cultivating a community of care at SFU Surrey and beyond
- Celebrating 20 years of SFU in Surrey
- Bringing ArtsLIVE to SFU Surrey
- Sustainability in the heart of Surrey's city centre
- It’s all about CO-OPeration: My experience with SFU Co-op
- Renewing our commitment to reconciliation and decolonization
- Reconnect and recharge this summer
- Community on Campus: SFU Surrey's 20th Anniversary Recap
- Supporting one another and raising awareness on sexual assault
- Why Bell Let's Talk Day matters to me
- International Women's Day: Celebrating the Strong Women in My Life
- The Glass Half Full: The Challenges of 2020 & The Promise of 2021
- Moving forward: Next steps for anti-racism dialogues at SFU Surrey
- Honouring the 215 lives lost
- Walking together towards inclusion
- Summer message from Steve Dooley
- Welcome back to campus!
- Honouring the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Introducing The Journey Here: a new podcast from SFU Surrey
- Holiday greetings, a look back on 2021 and hope for 2022
- Let's talk about mental health and well-being
- Lift Each Other Up on Pink Shirt Day
- 2020 Homeless Count in Surrey
- Surrey campus vibe is alive-and-strong during COVID-19
- It’s Long Overdue - Moving The Dial on Racism & Discrimination
- Thank You President Petter for 10 Amazing Years
- Welcoming Joy Johnson, SFU's 10th President
- Get to know Steve Dooley, Executive Director of SFU's Surrey Campus
- In case you missed it: Fall 2020 Campus-wide meeting
- The fight against COVID-19: Surrey researchers at their best!
- Season's greetings from Steve Dooley
- Community Perspectives on Living with HIV and where we go From Here
- Celebrating International Women’s Day at SFU’s Surrey Campus
- OppFest at the Surrey campus
- New campus building expands SFU Surrey campus
- Pink Shirt Day
- Power of Partnerships: Surrey Schools
- Welcome to Fall 2019
- SFU Surrey and Orange Shirt Day
- World Mental Health Week
- Health-related research and innovation is thriving in Surrey
- SFU Surrey students changing the world in 2019
- Podcast: The Journey Here
- Season 1
- Ep. 1 | Joy Johnson: Leading with Compassion and Care
- Ep. 2 | Kue K'nyawmupoe: Connecting and Serving Communities
- Ep. 3 | Doug Tennant: Empowering Leaders with Diverse Abilities
- Ep. 4 | Kathleen Burke: Igniting Community Leaders
- Ep. 5 | Rochelle Prasad: Sparking the Leaders of Tomorrow
- Ep. 6 | Bailey Mumford: An Advocate for Housing and Belonging
- Ep. 7 | Matt Hern: Supporting Community Development through Worker Co-operatives
- Ep. 8 | Joanne Curry: Engaging Our Campus and Community
- Ep. 9 | Michael Heeney: Building Surrey's City Centre
- Season 1
- Campus Services
- News & Events
- Contact Us
2022 Blog Posts
December 05, 2022
In his last blog post of the year, Steve reflects on the highlights of the fall semester and this year’s 20th anniversary celebrations.
July 25, 2022
As the summer semester begins to wind down, I encourage you to take the time to reconnect with friends, family, and our community.
June 27, 2022
National Indigenous Peoples Month is an opportunity to celebrate the cultures and contributions of the First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples of Canada. It's also a reminder that is more reconciliation and decolonization work that needs to be done.
May 16, 2022
Last year — for the first time since I became Executive Director of SFU’s Surrey campus — we hired an SFU Co-op student. As I reflected on this experience, one big question stood out for me: what took us so long to hire a Co-op student?
April 22, 2022
In celebration of Earth Day, Steve highlights some of the brilliant work that has been going on at SFU Surrey around sustainability and environmental education.
March 23, 2022
In this ED blog, Steve reflects back on ArtsLIVE at SFU Surrey and how it brought the Mezzanine alive.
February 07, 2022
2022 marks 20 years of SFU in Surrey. Steve shares some of the background of how SFU Surrey came to be.
January 18, 2022
In his first blog post of 2022, Steve takes some time to reflect on the theme of this year's Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Cultivating a Community of Care.