Diverse Qualifications Adjudication Committee
Standing committee (Reporting annually to Senate Committee on Undergraduate Studies)
Updated 6 November 2013
|Registrar / Exec. Director, Student Enrolment (or designate)||Chair, Ex-officio. Non-voting except in case of a tie|
|Secretary (non-voting)||Registrar / Sen. Director, Student Enrolment will appoint a Secretary||Ken Wong
|Faculty Member||Elected by Senate||2 years||May 31, 2015|
|Convocation Senator||Elected by and from Senate||2 years||May 31, 2014||Rob McTavish|
|Faculty Member (Applied Sciences)||Elected by and from respective Faculties||2 years||May 31, 2015||Janice Regan|
|Faculty Member (Arts and Social Sciences)||2 years||May 31, 2014||Elise Chenier
|Faculty Member (Business Admin)||2 years||May 31, 2014||Stephen Spector
|Faculty Member (Communication, Art & Technology)||2 years||May 31, 2015|
|Faculty Member (Education)||2 years||May 31, 2014||Shawn Bullock|
|Faculty Member (Environment)||2 years||May 31, 2015|
|Faculty Member (Health Sciences)||2 years||May 31, 2015||Mark Lechner|
|Faculty Member (Science)||2 years||May 31, 2015|
|Undergraduate Student||Elected by Senate||1 year||May 31, 2015||Saumya Sangal|
|Undergraduate Student||1 year||May 31, 2015||Nicole Ticknor|
Purpose and responsibilities
1. To adjudicate admission decisions under the University's Diverse Qualifications Undergraduate Admission Policy.
2. Where necessary, to provide general direction in the interpretation of such policies.
3. To recommend to SCUS changes or additions to the Policy.
1. If a Faculty is not a participant in the Diverse Qualifications Undergraduate Admission Policy, that faculty's representative shall be a non-voting observer on the committee.
2. If no Lay member of Senate is available to serve, Senate may elect a general member of the community to serve in that position.
3. The Vice-Chair shall be elected annually.
4. Quorum is five voting members
Responsibilities of the Dean of Student Services and Registrar (or designate)
1. To serve as Secretary.
2. To participate in the evaluation, review and development of the Policy and associated procedures, including the collection and analysis of statistical data concerning outcomes.
3. To administer the policy and provide the necessary support services.
Committee meetings are scheduling at least once per semester
Annual Report 2005/06