Senate Committee on University Teaching and Learning
Standing (Reporting Category B)
Updated 6 November 2012
|Faculty Member of SCUTL||Chair. Elected by members of SCUTL||2 years||May 31, 2013||Stephen Spector|
|Faculty Member (Applied Sciences)||Elected by Senate||3 years||May 31, 2013||Diana Cukierman|
|Faculty Member (Arts and Social Sciences)||3 years||May 31, 2014||Adrienne Burk|
|Faculty Member (Business Admin)||3 years||May 31, 2013||Stephen Spector|
|Faculty Member (Communication, Art & Technology)||3 years||May 31, 2015||Stuart Poyntz
|Faculty Member (Education)||3 years||May 31, 2015||Carolyn Mamchur|
|Faculty Member (Environment)||3 years||May 31, 2015||Bob Muir|
|Faculty Member (Health Sciences)||3 years||May 31, 2015||Nienke Van Houten
|Faculty Member (Science)||3 years||May 31, 2014||Chris Kennedy|
|Undergraduate Student||Elected by Senate||1 year||May 31, 2013||Meaghan Wilson|
|Graduate Student||Elected by Senate||1 year||May 31, 2013||Fiona Shaw|
|Director, Teaching and Learning Centre
||Secretary, Ex-officio (voting)||Stephanie Chu|
|Director, Student Learning Commons||Ex-officio (voting)||Elaine Fairey|
|Sen. Director Learning and Retention (or designate)||Ex-officio (voting)||Nancy Johnston|
|Recording Secretary (email@example.com)
||Ex-officio (non-voting)||Maria Davis|
All meetings will be on Mondays in the Teaching and Learning Centre (TLC) Seminar Room, EDB7512.
Terms of Reference:
1. To provide advice on matters pertaining to Learning Outcomes and Prior Learning Assessment.
2. To review periodically, and provide advice on, grading practices and standards in the Faculties.
3. To provide advice and guidance on development and upgrading of teaching evaluation instruments in use in the University.
4. To review periodically, and to provide advice on, the instructional development needs of faculty, laboratory and sessional instructors and teaching assistants including teaching enhancement initiatives and professional development.
5. To review and recommend learning support services for instructional staff including graduate teaching and graduate training evaluation, as well as receive and comment on the annual reports of various groups including: the Learning and Instructional Development Centre, the Centre for Online and Distance Education, Academic Computing Services, and Student Academic Resources. Also to review annual undergraduate surveys.
6. To provide advice on the efficacy of various teaching strategies in relation to changing teaching and learning environments.
7. To consider such matters, related to teaching and learning, referred to the Committee by Senate and its committees.
Quorum - 5 members
Reports to Senate annually in May.