Senate Library Committee
Standing committee (Reporting Category "B")
Updated 27 November 2013
|Vice-President, Research||Chair, Ex-officio (voting)||Mario Pinto|
|Vice-President, Academic||Ex-officio (voting)||Gordon Myers
|University Librarian||Secretary, Ex-officio (voting)||Brian Owen
|Associate Librarian||Ex-officio (non-voting)||Natalie Gick
|Dean of Continuing Studies (or designate)||Ex-officio (voting)||Yvonne Tabin
|Dean of Graduate Studies||Ex-officio (voting)||Wade Parkhouse|
|Senator||Dual positions SLC/LPAC
Elected by Senate
|2 years||May 31, 2015||Glenn Chapman|
|Senator||2 years||May 31, 2015||Daniel Leznoff|
|Undergraduate Student||2 years||May 31, 2015||Karanvir Thiara|
|Undergraduate Student (Alternate)||2 years||May 31, 2014||Alexander Swistak|
|Graduate Student||2 years||May 31, 2015|
|Graduate Student (Alternate)||2 years||May 31, 2014|
|Faculty Member (Applied Sciences)||Elected by and from respective Faculties||2 years||May 31, 2015||Ljiljana Trajkovic|
|Faculty Member (Arts and Social Sciences)||2 years||May 31, 2014||Michael Everton
|Faculty Member (Business Admin.)||2 years||May 31, 2014||Byungchae Jin
|Faculty Member (Communication, Art & Technology)||2 years||May 31, 2015||Laura Marks|
|Faculty Member (Education)||2 years||May 31, 2014||Suzanne Smythe|
|Faculty Member (Environment)||2 years||May 31, 2015||David Burley|
|Faculty Member (Health Sciences)||2 years||May 31, 2015|
|Faculty Member (Science)||2 years||May 31, 2015|
|Librarian||Elected by Librarian Employee Group||2 years||May 31, 2015|
|Library Staff Member||Elected by Library Staff Employee Group||2 years||May 31, 2014||Thomas Peacock
|Recording Secretary||Ex-officio (non-voting)||Susie Smith
NOTE: In general an "alternate" member is invited to attend meetings when a regular member is not available. Please confirm the role of the alternate member on this committee with the committee secretary.
Terms of Reference
1. Advises the University Librarian on matters relating to the operation of the Library and the liaison between the Library and academic departments and programs. The areas of advice include the following:
- monitoring the continuing response to the Library Review Report recommendations and organizing subsequent reviews every five years
- liaison between the Library and academic programs
- establishing collections priorities
- review of Library performance data
- review of major changes in Library systems or operations
2. Advises the Vice President, Research on matters relating to the size of the Library budget.
3. Approves guidelines for the allocation of the Library materials budget between various fields of instruction and research.
4. Recommends changes in rules and regulations for the operation of the Library, such as the Loan Policy.
5. Reports to Senate annually concerning its activities and the operation of the Library.
The Senate Library Committee meets 1-2 times per semester on a Monday from 2:30pm - 4pm. The dates are usually set at the beginning of the semester.