- Enroll in Direct Deposit at least five (5) business days before the refund date.
- Download and fill out the refund request form
- Sign it and drop it off at a Registrar and Information Services counter at any of our campuses.
- You may also fax, mail or scan the form:
- Fax to: 778.782.4263
- Mail to: Student Accounts, Student Services, Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5A 1S6
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refund requests cannot be processed for the first six weeks of the term.
- Refund cheques will NOT be mailed out. Cheques must be picked up in person at the Burnaby Registrar and Information Services counter.
- To see if your refund has been processed, log in to your student account on goSFU. After logging in, click on Account Inquiry under the Finances section, then click on the Activity tab. At the drop down menu select Term. If "AP Refund" is listed, then your refund has been processed.
- Refund cheques more than two (2) years old that are lost, destroyed, misplaced or stolen will not be replaced/reissued.
- Cheques will not be issued for refunds less than $5.00. Payment will be made by direct deposit.
Refund Cheque Dates
Effective Fall 2018 a refund cheque will only be released if you have already enrolled in Direct Deposit for any future refunds. You can sign up either online at goSFU (see instructions below) or by bringing in a void cheque or direct deposit slip filled out by your bank to the Burnaby front counter.
Refund cheques are printed once a month for in-person pickup only at the Burnaby Registrar and Information Services counter, MBC 3200.
Direct Deposit Tutorial
The best way to get your refund is by Direct Deposit to your Canadian bank account. Sign up now through goSFU.
- Log in at go.sfu.ca.
- Under Finances, go to the drop down list that starts "other financial".
- Select Enroll in Direct Deposit. (Note: the bank location must be in Canada.)
If your banking information changes, you must update your direct deposit information to prevent payment delays.