- Enrolment Services
- Get help
- Academic Progress Report
- ID Card
- goSFU guide
- U-Pass BC
- Policies and Procedures
- Support and services
- Career and Volunteer
- New Undergraduates
- Fall Term Start (September 2024)
- Summer Term Start (May 2024)
- Undergraduate Admission
- Canadian high school
- International High School Students
- USA high school
- Indigenous students
- College/university transfer
- International Baccalaureate
- Diverse qualifications
- Additional Categories
- Fees & Scholarships
- Tours & Events
- Student Experience
- Parents & Guardians
- Connect with Us
- Multifaith Centre
- About Us
- Faith Gatherings
- What's Happening
Domestic Students Refund
These apply to scholarships, awards, student loans, and bursaries.
You will be generated a refund only if it results in overpayments after all fees are paid. Please refer to the Refund Schedule.
If you have enrolled in Direct Deposit, you will receive your refund in your Canadian bank account. Once the refund is processed (as per our refund schedule), you will be sent an email notification that the deposit will be in your bank account within 3 business days.
You may log in to your student account on goSFU and know that your refund has been processed when you see "AP Refund" listed on the Account Activity page on goSFU. (After logging in, click on the Account Inquiry link under the Finances section, then click on the Activity tab. At the dropdown menu select Term.)
If you are unable to enrol in Direct Deposit, a refund cheque will be issued as scheduled for in-person pickup at the Registrar & Information Services counter, MBC 3200. Please note that cheques are only released once per month as compared to the more efficient method of direct deposit. Cheques are only valid for 6 months after the issue date.
If you have been notified of a cheque refund and cannot pick up your cheque on campus, please complete the refund cheque mailing request form to have the cheque mailed to your Canadian address.
Please note: prior to pick up your cheque or request for cheque mail out, you would need to show that you have enrolled in Direct Deposit so that future refunds can be made to you electronically.
The best way to get your refund is by Direct Deposit to your Canadian bank account.
Get your personal cheque or obtain a Direct Deposit Form completed by your bank. (Note: the bank location must be in Canada).
* You cannot use banking information from your:
- bank statements (incorrect source)
- internet banking portal (incorrect source)
- credit card cheques (incorrect source)
as the needed information is only on personal cheques or the Direct Deposit form.
If your banking information later changes, you must update your direct deposit information as soon as possible:
- Log in at goSFU.
- Under Finances, go to the drop down list that starts "other financial".
- Select Enrol in Direct Deposit
Wire Payment Refund While Residing Outside of Canada
Please visit the International Refunds page to find out how to obtain your refund.
- Online Refund Requests cannot be processed for the first six weeks of the term.
- Refund cheques more than two (2) years old that are stale-dated, lost, destroyed, misplaced or stolen will not be replaced/reissued.
- Cheques will not be issued for refunds less than $5.00. Payment will be made by direct deposit.
- Direct Deposit refunds more than six (6) months old cannot be replaced or traced by the bank. We recommend students check with their bank within three business days after receiving notification from SFU of their direct deposited refund. Students should always ensure their bank information is correct and up-to-date on goSFU.