Teaching and Learning Centre Library
The Teaching and Learning Centre Library is a resource for SFU instructors and teaching support staff. The collection, which is housed in the front office of the Centre, contains nearly 400 materials on the topic of teaching and learning in higher education. All SFU faculty, sessional instructors, teaching assistants, tutor-markers and teaching support staff are welcome to borrow materials from the collection.
Location: Education Building 7560, Burnaby campus
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m. (excluding statutory holidays and university closures)
TLC library policies and borrowing procedures
Please read the following policies and procedure before borrowing TLC Library materials:
- The TLC Library is intended for SFU faculty, sessional instructors, teaching assistants, tutor markers, and teaching support staff.
- Materials are checked out at the TLC Reception Desk.
- First-time users will be asked to provide contact information (i.e., full name, SFU department, affiliation to SFU, email address, and phone number).
- Materials not marked "TLC Copy" may be loaned for three (3) weeks. "TLC Copies" are reference materials and must remain in the Library.
- Users are limited to borrowing five (5) items at one time.
- Materials must be returned in person at the TLC Reception Desk. Please do not return materials though intercampus mail.
- Email reminders will be sent notifying users of overdue materials.
- Materials may be renewed for an additional three (3) weeks in person only at the TLC Reception Desk. After one renewal, users must wait three (3) weeks before borrowing the materials again.
- Users must replace lost or badly damaged materials. Borrowing privileges may be revoked if the materials are not replaced.
- Users may view library media items on the TV and computer that are located in the TLC Front Office. Please ask staff at the Reception Desk for assistance.
The TLC Library contains materials on teaching and learning in higher education. The collection has been organized by a decimal system into the following 10 classes: