The EdMedia team supports the use of media in education and empowers faculty to deliver engaging learning experiences. We focus on a sustainability model by supporting faculty as they become media creators.
The EdMedia team is …
- John Born – Manager, Educational Media
- Jason Toal – Interaction specialist
- Gabe Wong – Media designer (pro tem)
- Duane Woods – Visual designer (pro tem)
- Shantala Singh – Media designer
- Adam O. Thomas – Visual designer (on leave)
We have opened a free, accessible, multi-purpose media studio for faculty and instructors to use. Video, audio and photographic media are all supported here. Our suite includes access to cameras, mics, a green screen, post-production tools and more.
Located next to the Teaching and Learning Centre in the Education Building (EDB 7560) on the Burnaby campus.
We are constantly creating new guides and handouts for common technical issues. The current list includes:
- Using and Creating Images – Best Practices
- Use the ZOOM H4N Portable Audio Recorder
- Use the ZOOM Q2 HD Audio/Video
- Beginner’s Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
- Creating and Delivering Video – Best Practices