- News & Events
- Student Life
- DELF-DALF Exams
- Programs in French
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Teacher Education
- For Inservice Teachers K-12
NETWORK FOR ADMINISTRATORS
JOIN THE NETWORK FOR ADMINISTRATORS OF B.C. FRENCH IMMERSION SCHOOLS
Simon Fraser University’s Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs (OFFA) would like to invite you to join the NEW Network for Administrators of B.C. French Immersion Schools. This network is FREE and open to all administrators who lead a French Immersion school in B.C.
OBJECTIVES OF THE NETWORK
· Support administrators of French Immersion schools (dual track and single track) to retain French immersion teachers and students
· Understand and respond to the unique needs of the French Immersion program and its teachers who are French as an additional language lifelong learners or Francophones from all over Canada and the Francophone world
For the past year, OFFA has worked with 20 Principals and Vice-Principals who have collaborated to create a plan to support administrators in their region and/or districts across the province. This year, their hard work will be shared with administrators who want to learn best practices for supporting their colleagues and French Immersion teaching staff.
· February 15, 2024: Full one-day Conference at Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection in Surrey to connect with your regional representative and learn from experts in the field of French Immersion education and leadership (Keynote TBA)
*Travel bursaries available through SFU-OFFA for admin who live outside of the Lower Mainland
· Access to the BC French Immersion Administrator Guide (available in June 2024), written by experts in the field of French immersion education, such as Dr. Monica Tang and Dr. Sarah Fedoration, and provincial administrators
· Be connected to a regional administrator who has committed to supporting your needs, whether you are an experienced or a new administrator of a French Immersion school
TO LEARN MORE AND TO JOIN THE NETWORK
Contact our Coordinator of the Provincial Network for Administrators and Teachers of French Programs in B.C., Shauna Néro at email@example.com.
This network is made possible with the participation of Canadian Heritage and the Ministry of Education and Childcare of British Columbia.