- About Us
- Faisal Beg – Algorithms to Advance Research in Medicine
- Yasutaka Furukawa – Smart Building Technologies to Enhance Living Spaces and Create Opportunities
- Mo Chen – AI to Create Safe and Practical Robotics
- Sheelagh Carpendale – Understanding Data Through Interaction and Visualization
- Innovation to Improve 3D Navigation
- Voice AI is Helping Shoppers Make Better Decisions
- Geographic Information Science Can Help Better Track COVID-19
- Deep Learning to Inform Medical Diagnoses
- Protecting Killer Whales from Marine Traffic
- Using Big Data to Boost Athletic Performance
- Machine Reading for Literary Texts
- Finding a Cure for HIV with Big Data
- Linked Data for Women's History
- How Big Data Can Combat Fake News
- Algorithms for Safer Streets
- Discovering Wilde Data
- Deep Blue Data
- Big Data Meets Big Impact
- Previous Next Big Question Fund Projects
- Data Fellowships
- Using Data
- Avoid and Detect
- Data For Good
- Artificial Intelligence at SFU
- Cybersecurity and Resilience
- Security and Resilience
- Gender Gap Tracker
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Upcoming Events
Meeting and Event Spaces
SFU’s Big Data Hub is dedicated to supporting events that bring diverse people together—from newbies to experts in traditional and non-traditional fields—to engage with big data questions and approaches.
With more than 25,000 ft2 of outstanding space featuring state-of-the-art technology, we have several options to meet your event needs. Our dedicated Ambassador Team are always onsite, working with you to ensure a successful event. Located on top of Burnaby Mountain, the Big Data Hub is a vibrant space close to many amenities including gourmet catering, parking and accommodations at The Simon Hotel. Whether you’re looking to hold a large conference, featured talk, workshop, or collaborative meeting, the Big Data Hub is an ideal place to bring people together. Connect with us to find out how we can create an exceptional event experience for you.
Room capacity listed below is subject to change to account for SFU's COVID guidelines. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on exact room capacity.
The Presentation Studio (ASB 10900)
This 73-seat theatre features webcasting and recording capabilities, collaboration technologies and a wide presentation space. Built-in writing tablets, power outlets and excellent wi-fi makes this an ideal space for engaging presentations, panel discussions and large-scale workshops.
The Boardroom (ASB 10901)
Executive comfort meets impactful collaboration in our 14-seat boardroom. Featuring two 72" LED displays and the latest videoconferencing technologies, this room is designed for collaborative interactions, presentations and get-it-done meetings.
Flexible Meeting Room (ASB 10908)
Anything’s possible in our flexible meeting room that can be configured to meet your needs while featuring two 60" LED displays and videoconferencing capabilities. From 16-person meetings to hands-on workshops for 20 participants to 30-person seminars, this room is available to meet your needs.
The Visualization Lab (ASB 10940)
Interested in showing off your data visualizations? The Visualization Lab is the place to be. Designed for data-centric collaborations for 10-16 people, the Lab features an 84" LED display and a 72" LED display.
Meeting Room (ASB 10964)
Analog seamlessly merges with high tech in this 10-seat meeting room. Wall-to-wall whiteboards enable productive brainstorming and idea generation. Includes a 65" LED display.
Whether you’re looking for a space to hold receptions, captivate your audience with the latest demos, or show off your work, the Atrium is the place to be. This large, airy space can accommodate up to 100 people and easily connects to other spaces in the Hub.
Whether you’re holding a small meeting or large-scale event, the Hub is committed to providing an exceptional event experience. Interested in booking at the Hub? Our rates are available below.
SFU Internal Rates
||1/2 Day Rates||Full Day Rates
|The Presentation Studio (ASB 10900)||$45||$160||$300|
|The Boardroom (ASB 10901)||$40||$140||$235|
|Flexible Meeting Room (ASB 10908)||$40||$140||$235|
|The Visualization Lab (ASB 10940)||$35||$120||$210|
|Meeting Room (ASB 10964)||$35||$120||$210|
|Small Meeting Rooms||$25||$90||$170|
- Internal SFU events that occur outside of business hours or on weekends will incur a charge. AV support for evening and weekend events is available at overtime rates ($80/hour).
- Specialized AV support during business hours is available at a rate of $40/hour, Monday to Friday, 08:30-16:30.
- This fee structure may be revisited in the future.
||1/2 Day Rates||Full Day Rates
|The Presentation Studio (ASB 10900)||$125*||$500||$800|
|The Boardroom (ASB 10901)||$100||$400||$650|
|Flexible Meeting Room (ASB 10908)||$75||$300||$500|
|The Visualization Lab (ASB 10940)
|Meeting Room (ASB 10964)||$75||$300||$500|
|Small Meeting Rooms
* 2 Hour Minimum
- AV support is available at a rate of $60/hour, Monday to Friday from 08:30-16:30. After hours support is available at overtime rates ($120/hour).
- Business hours are 08:30-16:30, Monday to Friday.
Use the form below to request your room booking. A member of the Big Data Hub team will reply back to your email in 1-2 business days.