- About Us
- Faisal Beg – Algorithms to Advance Research in Medicine
- Yasutaka Furukawa – Smart Building Technologies to Enhance Living Spaces and Create Opportunities
- Mo Chen – AI to Create Safe and Practical Robotics
- Sheelagh Carpendale – Understanding Data Through Interaction and Visualization
- Innovation to Improve 3D Navigation
- Voice AI is Helping Shoppers Make Better Decisions
- Geographic Information Science Can Help Better Track COVID-19
- Deep Learning to Inform Medical Diagnoses
- Protecting Killer Whales from Marine Traffic
- Using Big Data to Boost Athletic Performance
- Machine Reading for Literary Texts
- Finding a Cure for HIV with Big Data
- Linked Data for Women's History
- How Big Data Can Combat Fake News
- Algorithms for Safer Streets
- Discovering Wilde Data
- Deep Blue Data
- Big Data Meets Big Impact
- Previous Next Big Question Fund Projects
- Data Fellowships
- Using Data
- Avoid and Detect
- Data For Good
- Artificial Intelligence at SFU
- Cybersecurity and Resilience
- Security and Resilience
- Gender Gap Tracker
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Upcoming Events
SFU empowers people to use data for real-world impact
Data for Good
Bringing together those that do good with SFU experts to create positive social change.
Artificial Intelligence at SFU
Providing a platform for the public and private sector to share best practices, projects and insights into how big data and AI are being used to create innovative and equitable solutions to challenging problems.
Delivering advanced systems that can anticipate threats, develop responses, deploy resources in order to help ensure the safety of our troops and increase the capabilities of our forces.
Security and Resilience
Helping Canada anticipate and adapt to evolving threats, protect citizens at home and abroad, and increase resilience among the public and private sectors.
Gender Gap Tracker
Using the latest advances in big data analytics and text data mining to measure gender equity in news sources.
Avoid and Detect
Developing technolgies to protect oceans, marine life and marine life safe.
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality for Defence
Delivering innovation in immersive technologies.