- About Us
- Faisal Beg – Algorithms to Advance Research in Medicine
- Yasutaka Furukawa – Smart Building Technologies to Enhance Living Spaces and Create Opportunities
- Mo Chen – AI to Create Safe and Practical Robotics
- Sheelagh Carpendale – Understanding Data Through Interaction and Visualization
- Innovation to Improve 3D Navigation
- Voice AI is Helping Shoppers Make Better Decisions
- Geographic Information Science Can Help Better Track COVID-19
- Deep Learning to Inform Medical Diagnoses
- Protecting Killer Whales from Marine Traffic
- Using Big Data to Boost Athletic Performance
- Machine Reading for Literary Texts
- Finding a Cure for HIV with Big Data
- Linked Data for Women's History
- How Big Data Can Combat Fake News
- Algorithms for Safer Streets
- Discovering Wilde Data
- Deep Blue Data
- Big Data Meets Big Impact
- Previous Next Big Question Fund Projects
- Data Fellowships
- Using Data
- Upcoming Events
Upskill your teams so your organization can make better data-driven decisions
Our tailored training is designed to solve your unique organizational challenges. Delivered by leading experts, our customized training workshops are valuable for teams from all data skill levels.
Vancouver Coastal Health connected with SFU’s Big Data Hub to increase their visual analytics skills to enable better data-driven decision making. To bridge the skills gap, the Big Data Hub hosted a hands-on data visualization training session to learn how to create interactive, visual displays to explore their data more quickly, improve analytics and generate actionable insights.
"Our Executive Director Dr. Jat Sandhu specifically asked to engage with SFU's Big Data Hub because of the level of expertise that they have. It became a one-stop shop for us to engage with for this type of training."
Nuzhat Jamal - Regional Lead, Mental Health & Substance Use at Vancouver Coastal Health
The Need For Data Literacy
As organizations accelerate their digital transformations, there will be a need in fostering a more data literate workforce in order to succeed in a digital world. Organizations that commit to lifelong learning can improve their adaptability and flexibility in increasingly data-driven environments.
Our training sessions are delivered by leading experts who have decades of multidisciplinary experience creating and delivering educational programs. These are intensive and interactive workshops and non-credit courses that focus on data analysis including AI, visualization, modelling, platforms and tools.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Foundational Data Science
- Strategic and Operations Planning
- Visual Analytics
- And more