- About Us
- Faisal Beg – Algorithms to Advance Research in Medicine
- Yasutaka Furukawa – Smart Building Technologies to Enhance Living Spaces and Create Opportunities
- Mo Chen – AI to Create Safe and Practical Robotics
- Sheelagh Carpendale – Understanding Data Through Interaction and Visualization
- Innovation to Improve 3D Navigation
- Voice AI is Helping Shoppers Make Better Decisions
- Geographic Information Science Can Help Better Track COVID-19
- Deep Learning to Inform Medical Diagnoses
- Protecting Killer Whales from Marine Traffic
- Using Big Data to Boost Athletic Performance
- Machine Reading for Literary Texts
- Finding a Cure for HIV with Big Data
- Linked Data for Women's History
- How Big Data Can Combat Fake News
- Algorithms for Safer Streets
- Discovering Wilde Data
- Deep Blue Data
- Big Data Meets Big Impact
- Previous Next Big Question Fund Projects
- Data Fellowships
- Using Data
- Avoid and Detect
- Data For Good
- Artificial Intelligence at SFU
- Cybersecurity and Resilience
- Security and Resilience
- Gender Gap Tracker
- Upcoming Events
Data For Good
Simon Fraser University brings together those that do good with SFU experts to create positive change for society. We are applying the power of big data and artificial intelligence to the problems that truly matter.
SFU’s Data for Good initiative invites mission-driven organizations, advocates and government to partner with our big data experts to address pressing social and economic challenges facing Canada today through the power and potential of big data.
From enhancing government services, to building more inclusive and safe cities, to improving the health and wellbeing of our neighbours near and far, SFU and our partners are delivering new insights in ways never before imagined.
Join this national movement to improve lives through capacity-sharing, advocacy and engagement.
Why partner with SFU
SFU LAUNCHES DATA FOR GOOD
Simon Fraser University launched the Data for Good initiative in SFU’s Big Data Hub at the Burnaby campus. The Honourable Kim Pate, Senator from Ontario and SFU's former President Andrew Petter explained how big data’s power and potential can address pressing social and economic challenges facing Canada.
Partner with SFU
Connect with Simon Fraser University’s big data experts to learn how we amplify our collective efforts for larger social impact.