Communicate clearly with any audience
Demand is growing for plain language specialists who can strip away bureaucratic lingo and communicate effectively with the public. Our plain language courses and certificate program will allow you to develop your skills in this critical communication area and apply them immediately to any work setting.
- Take fully online courses on a flexible schedule
- Learn from established industry professionals
- Develop a professional network of peers
Take our plain language courses one at a time to suit your work schedule.
View plain language courses:
7 Plain Language in Health Literacy PLNL520 PLNL520-ON12171
14 Plain Language Principles PLNL110 PLNL110-ON12171
21 Plain Graphics and Design PLNL310 PLNL310-ON12171
19 Plain Language Principles PLNL110 PLNL110-ON12172
26 Plain Language Final Project PLNL410 PLNL410-ON12171
23 Plain Language Principles PLNL110 PLNL110-ON12173
11 Plain Language Principles PLNL110 PLNL110-ON12211
8 Plain Graphics and Design PLNL310 PLNL310-ON12211
29 Plain Language Principles PLNL110 PLNL110-ON12212
5 Writing Plain Language for Law PLNL510 PLNL510-ON12211
10 Advanced User Analysis PLNL320 PLNL320-ON12241
20 Plain Graphics and Design PLNL310 PLNL310-ON12271
20 Plain Language in Health Literacy PLNL520 PLNL520-ON12271
25 Plain Language Final Project PLNL410 PLNL410-ON12271
Finish in 1 year
Our hands-on Plain Language Certificate can help you develop in-demand plain language skills in as little as one year.
You'll learn to:
- Write and edit information following plain language principles
- Target communications to specific audiences
- Work with graphic designers to produce effective communication pieces
- Analyze and improve communications for clarity
Through your choice of electives, you can add specialized training in plain language for legal, health or technical settings.
Is this program for you?
We’ve designed our certificate for professionals in fields ranging from publishing and marketing to government and law. Our students include:
- Writers and editors expanding their skills
- Marketing and communications professionals
- Graphic designers
- Public service providers