Transform complexity into clarity
Apply your writing and editing skills to a successful career in the growing technical communication field. Our technical communication courses and certificate program will provide you with the professional tools and techniques you need to translate complex information into easily understood documents.
- Take fully online courses on a flexible schedule
- Learn from established technical communicators working in the field
- Build a professional network of peers
- Learn core competencies identified by the Society for Technical Communication
Take our technical communication courses one at a time to suit your work schedule.
View technical communication courses:
2 Technical Writing and Editing TCOM120 TCOM120-ON12041
14 Documentation Project Management TCOM320 TCOM320-ON12041
14 Tools for Technical Communicators TCOM270 TCOM270-ON12041
15 Concepts and Practice of Technical Communication TCOM110 TCOM110-ON12071
15 Indexing: An Essential Art and Science TCOM230 TCOM230-ON12071
15 Microsoft Word for Technical Writers: Advanced TCOM240 TCOM240-ON12071
22 Final Project: Technical Communication Guided Practicum TCOM410 TCOM410-ON12071
3 Design and Production of Technical Publications TCOM220 TCOM220-ON12071
3 Technical Writing and Editing TCOM120 TCOM120-ON12071
12 Research, Analysis and Information Design TCOM210 TCOM210-ON12111
16 Fundamentals of Creating Online Documents TCOM260 TCOM260-ON12111
4 Technical Writing: Advanced Workshop TCOM310 TCOM310-ON12141
13 Documentation Project Management TCOM320 TCOM320-ON12141
13 Tools for Technical Communicators TCOM270 TCOM270-ON12141
21 Final Project: Technical Communication Guided Practicum TCOM410 TCOM410-ON12171
- Concepts and Practice of Technical Communication TCOM110
- Technical Writing and Editing TCOM120
- Research, Analysis and Information Design TCOM210
- Design and Production of Technical Publications TCOM220
- Indexing: An Essential Art and Science TCOM230
- Microsoft Word for Technical Writers: Advanced TCOM240
- Fundamentals of Creating Online Documents TCOM260
- Tools for Technical Communicators TCOM270
- Technical Writing: Advanced Workshop TCOM310
- Documentation Project Management TCOM320
- Final Project: Technical Communication Guided Practicum TCOM410
Finish in 2 years
Our hands-on Technical Communication Certificate can prepare you to work as a technical writer and editor in as little as two years.
You'll learn to:
- Use standard methodology to produce clear, user-focused documents
- Analyze, organize and edit information for online viewing
- Follow design principles for effective visual communication
- Manage documentation projects from planning and budgeting through production.
As you work through the program, you’ll also build a professional portfolio to showcase your ability.
Is this program for you?
We’ve designed our certificate for new or experienced technical writers and editors. Our students include professionals who:
- Plan to launch a career in technical communication
- Wish to validate work experience with formal training
- Need to prepare for professional certification
- Require skills and credentials to establish a freelance career