Risk Management Certificate
Become a critical member of any management team with specialized knowledge in identifying, assessing, monitoring and limiting risks. Recognized by the Risk Management Society, our part-time certificate program will prepare you to excel as a risk manager through professional training in both risk management and business management.
Note: new applications are not being accepted to this program, but you are welcome to take individual courses at any time.
Why this program?
- Apply course hours toward Canadian Risk Management (CRM) or Risk and Insurance Management Society Fellow (RF) certification
- Learn to design a comprehensive risk management program, including risk assessment, monitoring and financing
- Build specialized skills in your choice of management areas
1–5 years (from start date of first course)
To graduate, complete all courses with a minimum average grade of C.
11–14 weeks (42–48 instructional hours)
Live online courses meet evenings
Other online courses are self-paced within set deadlines
- Risk Management Principles and Practices (CRM110)
- Risk Assessment and Treatment (CRM205)
- Risk Financing (CRM305)
- Financial Accounting Fundamentals (MGMT250)
Elective courses (choose 2 from list):
- Interpersonal Business Communication (MGMT110)
- Business Administration (MGMT120)
- Economic Theory (MGMT230)
- Marketing Management (MGMT240)
- Business Finance (MGMT350)
- Management Accounting (MGMT355)
- Business Law (MGMT360)
- Business Strategy (MGMT420)
See individual courses for textbook details
$649/course (not including textbook)
$75 program application fee
Applications are closed.
Register for individual courses at any time.
For Stephen Caine, returning to school and deciding to take our Risk Management Certificate program was worth the risk.