Risk Management Certificate
Become a critical member of any management team with specialized knowledge in identifying, assessing, monitoring and limiting risks. Recognized by the Risk Management Society, our part-time certificate program will prepare you to excel as a risk manager through professional training in both risk management and business management.
Why this program?
- Apply course hours toward Canadian Risk Management (CRM) or Risk and Insurance Management Society Fellow (RF) certification
- Learn to design a comprehensive risk management program, including risk assessment, monitoring and financing
- Build specialized skills in your choice of management areas
- Start with individual courses and apply to the program at any time
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status
1–5 years (from start date of first course)
To graduate, complete all courses with a minimum average grade of C.
11–14 weeks (42–48 instructional hours)
Live online courses meet evenings
Other online courses are self-paced within set deadlines
Elective courses (choose 2 from list):
- Interpersonal Business Communication (MGMT110)
- Organizational Behaviour (MGMT115)
- Business Administration (MGMT120)
- Economic Theory (MGMT230)
- Marketing Management (MGMT240)
- Human Resources Management (MGMT310)
- Business Finance (MGMT350)
- Management Accounting (MGMT355)
- Business Law (MGMT360)
- Business Strategy (MGMT420)
See individual courses for textbook details
$649/course (not including textbook)
$75 program application fee
Register for individual courses at any time, with the option to apply to the program later.
Enroll in the certificate program to:
- Track your progress in your student account
- Access potential tax credits
- Be eligible to graduate when you finish