The School of Resource and Environmental Management (REM) is one of the first interdisciplinary programs in resource management developed in Canada. Home to several internationally recognized researchers, REM offers a broad spectrum of courses to provide one of the most marketable skill sets in the field.
REM offers undergraduate, master and PhD programs:
- Bachelor of Environment, REM
- Bachelor of Environment, REM Planning
- Bachelor of Environment, REM Honours
- Master of Resource Management
- Master of Resource Management Planning
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Develop an interdisciplinary understanding of environmental and management issues with real-world applications
- Join a network of change agents for a more sustainable world
- Explore challenging research opportunities
Learn how social and natural science data can be applied to guide sustainable environmental management. Incorporate diverse socio-cultural and Indigenous perspectives, earth processes, environmental impact assessments, and analytics in decision-making and conflict resolution into the development of ground-breaking, front-line policy, planning, and regulation for government and industry.
Can you see yourself here?
Located on top of picturesque Burnaby Mountain, enjoy the many activities available throughout the campus.
- Seek pathways to environmental sustainability and social equality
- Gain skills that apply in the real world
- Make a difference through management of our environment and resources