- Student opportunities
- News & events
Registration is closed.
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Tandem Language Exchange program.
Registration for Spring 2022 has closed. Please come back for Fall 2022.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The latest information regarding registration can be found on our official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SFUxTandem.
No teaching experience required - just enthusiasm! Activities and support are provided by a facilitator. Partners will meet online every week for a total of 8 weeks. You spend half of each meeting in each language – the one you’re learning and the one you’re teaching. This is a fully student-run program, and it’s free! It’s also great for meeting people across cultures.
- SFU or FIC student (undergraduate or graduate)
- SFU faculty and staff
- Partner/spouse of SFU student, staff or faculty
- Outside of SFU (see further details below)
- Basic English knowledge
- Basic level in the language you want to learn/improve (enough to say a few words, such as introduce yourself)
- Able to commit to meeting with a partner 1.5 hours a week for 8 weeks
Outside of SFU
To those who have been invited to apply from outside of SFU: we especially encourage students who want to improve their English in exchange for another language that you are willing to teach. Many Tandem participants are fluent English teachers who are seeking to improve their non-English language abilities.