Tax Information (T4A)
What is a T4A form?
The T4A is an official document for tax purposes. It provides the amount of funds a student has received in scholarships, bursaries, awards and prizes from January to December in any given year.
For more information on filing your income tax return, please go to www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/p105/README.html.
Where do I get my tax form (T4A)?
Please use one of the following: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari.
- Your browser must be configured to allow pop-up windows.
- You can print T4A tax forms from go.sfu.ca. Tax data starting from the year 2009 is available. If you require additional copies of the tax forms for parents or accountants you must print them from this page.
- Log in to go.sfu.ca with your SFU computing ID.
- Click "T4A Data".
- Find the tax year of interest on the View T4/T4A Slips page.
- Click "Year End Slip".
- For the purpose of printing tax forms, SFU Computing IDs do not expire.
- If you require additional copies of the tax forms for parents or accountants, you must print them from this page.
- Forgot your password? Call 778-782-3234 (Option 2 or Front Desk) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To print your T4A, log in at go.sfu.ca. Tax data for the previous seven years is available.
For the purpose of printing tax forms, SFU computing IDs do not expire.
- Alumni who have forgotten their password may ask for it to be reset: email email@example.com
- Not a current student, not alumni? You may request your T4A(s) be mailed to you. Include in your request your full name, SFU student number, years for which you require a T4A, and a mailing address: email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least a 7 day turnaround for requests received via email.
Having trouble getting your T4A?
Possible fixes to try first:
- if you've logged in, viewed your form but can't print, the computer you're using may be behind a firewall for security, so try a different computer in a different location
- if you can log in but can't see the T4A information, quit your browser, reopen it and clear your cache , then try logging in to go.sfu.ca again
If you receive an error message, please email a screenshot of the message to email@example.com
If none of those solutions has worked, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To whom at SFU may I direct T4A inquiries?
Please call the helpline at 778.782.6930 or email email@example.com.
Will SFU send me the T4A by email?
No. Due to the non-confidential nature of email and the associated difficulty of verifying the identity of the email sender, under no circumstances will SFU disclose this information to anyone through email.
Can SFU give the T4A information to another individual?
We will only disclose a student's tax information to another individual provided that we receive written/faxed authorization from the student whose information is to be released. Under no circumstances will any information about the student be released to another individual without authorization.
I am an international student. Why do I need a T4A?
SFU is required to report this information to all students to enable them to complete their Canadian income tax returns.
As a resident of Canada you are required to file a Canadian income tax return. Your employer issues a T4 for salaries or wages you have earned while in Canada. The University issues a T4A for scholarships, bursaries or other monetary awards you received during the calendar year.
Where can I get more information on the T4A?
Canada Revenue Agency website: