Tax Information (T4A)
T4A tax form, which reports the amount of funds a student has received in scholarships, bursaries and awards in 2021, is available at goSFU.
What is a T4A form?
The T4A is an official document for tax purposes. It provides the amount of funds a student has received in scholarships, bursaries, awards and prizes from January to December in any given year.
The tax form for the current tax year will be available for printing at goSFU in late February of the next year.
For more information on filing your income tax return, please go to www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/p105/p105-students-income-tax-2016.html.
Where do I get my tax form (T4A)?
Active students, alumni and all previous students at SFU
(Not accessible on mobile devices such as iPhones.)
- Your browser must be configured to allow pop-up windows.
- You can print T4A tax forms from goSFU. Tax data starting from the previous seven years are available.
- If you require additional copies of the tax forms for parents or accountants you must print them from this page.
- Note: SFU staff are not able to access or print your tax slips for you.
- Log in to goSFU with your SFU computing ID.
- Click "T4A Data".
- Find the tax year of interest on the View T4/T4A Slips page.
- Click "Year End Slip".
- Print your TA or save it as a file on your computer.
Forgot your password?
- Email SFU IT Services at email@example.com or call 778-782-8888 for assistance in resetting your password.
Cannot log in to goSFU?
- The message “invalid credentials” would indicate your password may have been reset in 2020. Email SFU IT Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 778-782-8888 for assistance in resetting your password.
Having trouble getting your T4A?
Possible fixes to try first:
- Check that you have pop-up windows enabled.
- If you've logged in, viewed your form but can't print, the computer you're using may be behind a firewall for security, so try a different computer in a different location.
- If you can log in but can't see the T4A information, quit your browser, reopen it and clear your cache , then try logging in to goSFU again
If you receive an error message, please email a screenshot of the message to email@example.com
If none of those solutions has worked, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To whom at SFU may I direct T4A inquiries?
Will SFU send me the T4A by email?
No. Due to the non-confidential nature of email and the associated difficulty of verifying the identity of the email sender, under no circumstances will SFU disclose this information to anyone through email.
Can SFU give the T4A information to another individual?
We will only disclose a student's tax information to another individual provided that we receive written/faxed authorization from the student whose information is to be released. Under no circumstances will any information about the student be released to another individual without authorization.
I am an international student. Why do I need a T4A?
SFU is required to report this information to all students to enable them to complete their Canadian income tax returns.
As a resident of Canada you are required to file a Canadian income tax return. Your employer issues a T4 for salaries or wages you have earned while in Canada. The university issues a T4A for scholarships, bursaries or other monetary awards you received during the calendar year.
Where can I get more information:
Students and Income Tax: www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/p105.html
International Students in Canada: www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/international-students-studying-canada.html