Business Management Certificate
Take your management skills to the next level with a faster alternative to a business degree. In our part-time certificate program, you’ll learn the foundations of planning, operating and managing a business. You’ll also develop your ability to analyze, strategize and lead effectively in today’s ever-changing business environment.
Why this program?
- Gain essential skills and knowledge to successfully manage a business in Canada
- Apply course hours towards the Canadian Certified Administrative Professional (CCAP) certificate and designation
- Complete program at a flexible pace in as little as one year
- Start with individual courses and apply to the program at any time
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status along with its benefits
- Be eligible for admission to Graduate Diploma in Business Administration at SFU Beedie School of Business, even without an undergraduate degree
1–5 years (from start date of first course)
To graduate, complete all courses with a minimum average grade of C.
11–14 weeks (42–48 instructional hours)
Live online courses meet evenings and weekends
Other online courses are self-paced within set deadlines
Required courses (complete 3):
- Business Administration (MGMT120)
- Financial Accounting Fundamentals (MGMT250)
- Business Strategy (MGMT420)
Elective courses (choose 3 from list):
- Interpersonal Business Communication (MGMT110)
- Economic Theory (MGMT230)
- Marketing Management (MGMT240)
- Business Finance (MGMT350)
- Management Accounting (MGMT355)
- Business Law (MGMT360)
See individual courses for textbook details
$649/course (not including textbook)
$75 program application fee
No application deadline. Take individual courses and apply to the program at any time.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Mature students who do not meet this requirement may qualify with at least 5 years of appropriate experience
- English Language Requirements
Register for individual courses at any time, with the option to apply to the program later.
Enroll in the certificate program to:
- Track your progress in your student account
- Access potential tax credits
- Be eligible to graduate when you finish
No two days at work are the same for Nicole Cook. She juggles multiple responsibilities as the director of operations at SES Consulting, a Vancouver-based engineering firm.
Elvio Pecchia has always aspired to lead. SFU’s Business Management Certificate helped him work his way up in the aviation industry to airport general manager.