- YABOME GILPIN-JACKSON NAMED SFU’S FIRST VICE-PRESIDENT, PEOPLE, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
- Message from the Vice-President, People, Equity and Inclusion
- Personnel updates in the VPPEI Portfolio
- Fall 2022 update from the Vice-President, People, Equity and Inclusion
- Supporting members of SFU's Iranian community
- Equity Compass conversations
- STATEMENT FROM THE VP, PEI: ADDRESSING RACISM AND HATE AT SFU
- Updates from the VP People, Equity and Inclusion
December 01, 2022
Recently members of the Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS) council and other Simon Fraser University (SFU) students were subject to anti-Black racism, anti-Asian racism, Islamophobia and sexualized violence when an impersonator joined an SFSS-organized zoom meeting and posted targeted hateful comments in the chat. The incident, and all the visible and invisible discriminations and oppressions it represented was abhorrent, and the behaviour is unacceptable and will not be tolerated at SFU.
October 13, 2022
SFU is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive community where all feel welcome, safe, accepted and appreciated in their learning teaching and work.
September 28, 2022
My heart is with Iranian members of our SFU community as we continue to witness the impact of Mahsa Amini’s death while in the custody of authorities in Iran.
September 15, 2022
Welcome back, everyone. I hope you are all enjoying the first weeks of the Fall term.
July 21, 2022
I'm writing to share two important hires in the VPPEI portfolio.
June 01, 2022
It is now just over a month since I joined SFU in the new role of Vice President, People, Equity and Inclusion (PEI). My thanks to so many of you for the warm welcome.
January 05, 2022
Following extensive community consultation, an international search, and approval of the SFU Board of Governors, Dr. Yabome Gilpin-Jackson will be SFU’s first Vice-President, People, Equity and Inclusion.