- REDIRECT ONLY
- DEMO - ARCH
- COVID-19 Faculty & Staff Resources
April marks the beginning of the Faculty of Environment's 10th anniversary and to launch the celebrations we invite students, staff, faculty, alumni, community partners and donors to join us on April 24th to acknowledge some of our achievements.
There will be a mix of refreshments, mingling and presentations throughout the afternoon.
Schedule - April 24, 2019
- 2:30 – Refreshments and Mingling
- 3:00 – Welcome - Ingrid Stefanovic, Dean, Faculty of Environment
- 3:10 – The Faculty of Environment Origin Story - Jon Driver, Professor, Archaeology
- 3:20 – Celebrating Special Achievements - Ingrid Stefanovic, Dean, Faculty of Environment
Research Highlights - 15 minute presentations followed by 5 minutes of discussion
- 3:40 – Challenging the Linear Food Recovery Hierarchy: A Closed-Loop Approach to Food Waste Prevention - Tammara Soma, Assistant Professor, Resource and Environmental Management
- 4:00 – Is Artificial Removal of Carbon Dioxide from the Atmosphere Effective at Reversing Global Warming? - Kirsten Zickfeld, Associate Professor, Geography
- 4:20 – Assessing the Scientific Nature of Traditional Knowledge - George Nicholas, Professor, Archaeology
- 4:40 – Reception