- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- News & Events
A Message from the Geography Graduate Association
Hello and welcome from your Geography Graduate Association! As current graduate students within the department, we are active in creating a vibrant social and academic community for all of our members. In addition to an annual graduate student retreat, we organize a variety of events throughout the year including, professional development workshops, faculty panels, and pub nights, among others. Feel free to get in touch if you'd like to learn more about our activities and/or are interested in getting involved. We are always interested in welcoming new members.
Claire Shapton (GGA President) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- President: Claire Shapton
- Vice-president: Katie Gravestock
- Secretary: Lise Mahieus
- Treasurer: Alex Smith
- Social Committee Chair: Marina Chavez
- Communications & Events Committee Reps: Leah Rosenkrantz, Marina Chavez
- GSS Councillor and Alternate: TBA
- TSSU Representatives: TBA
- Graduate Studies Committee Rep: Joy Russell
- Strategic Planning Committee Rep: Liam Kennedy-Slaney
- Departmental Meeting Rep: Natalia Perez (Claire Shapton - alternate)
The GGA holds elections during the September caucus meeting for all positions except the Communication and Events Committee which runs May-April.
Check your SFU email for information on upcoming GGA events and meetings.